Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy sent this to me the other day via email.

Only in Alaska....... This guy raised an abandoned moose calf with his horses, and believe it or not, he has trained it for lumber removal and other hauling tasks. Given the 2,000 pounds of robust muscle, and the splayed, grippy hooves, he claims it is the best work animal he has. He says the secret to keeping the moose around is a sweet salt lick, although during the rut he disappears for a couple of weeks, but always comes home.... impressive!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I received that a while ago too. I looked it up on Snopes and it isn't true. In fact if you look at the pile of logs on both sides, they are mirror images. Cut, flip, and paste. Its fun to try and track these things down to see if they are true or false, and why they were made. Snopes is an interesting site to browse.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/workmoose.asp

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Saw on our TV yesterday were the WA wildlife folk rescued an Elk from a frozen lake. Just wondered how many folk were out there to pop it off once it reached land.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Elkrun,
Thanks for the info. I always wonder if some of these thing are true or not. If it was true, I'd hate to be around if it got pissed off.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Stonefish- Browse around that Snopes site, its pretty funny some of the stuff thats passed around out there! Whenever I get something that is sort of bizarre, I always look it up there just to see what I can find out. One that sticks out is one about some new world record bear that ate someone then was killed by a hunter. That turned out to be false even though the picture was impressive.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Elkrun,
I looked around that site. Some pretty funny stuff indeed. Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
I got that one a month or so ago. I figured it was bogus, but didn't want to look on snopes to find the truth. I just wanted to believe!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts