Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang:

Been fishing the Sound in my Alumaweld Intruder and taking quite a beating with the seats just mounted on boxes... Does anyone have any recommendations regarding an affordable suspension seat? In talking with Alumaweld, they want about $1,300 for their seats... That is a little more than I would like to pay... Recommendations would be appreciated....

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I think thats gonna be a tough one. When I bought my Seahawk,IIRC the Bentleys were about $1500. Unless you find something used,I think $1000+ is the going rate.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
We have suspension seats in our ThunderJet and man does it make a difference. Riding on a post is no good in the chop! I saw a few places selling them at the boat show. I was not in the market, so I didn't notice prices. Good luck finding new seats.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Take a look at the Tempress (Fish-On) "Reflex" series seats. They have a spring suspension system built into the base of the seat. They're extra cushy too. Probably won't take as much of the shock as a true suspension seat, but they're 1/3 the price.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Ive got these on my Thunderjet. They are a huge improvement from standard pedistals/box seats.

they arent as Plush as the Mariner air ride type, but they are an incredible improvement. I wouldnt own another alumunum boat with a forward helm without em.

I got em, then told Old Crow about em, and I think he loves his too...

@ $269 each they are a bargain!

http://www.smoothmovesseatmounts.com/

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oly:

I have seen those online and wondered about them... My only hang up is that they don't seem to be very "attractive"... Kinda industrial in appearance... If you wouldn't mind, I might want to drop by your place sometime when I am making a Cabela's run so that I can take a look at them first person.

Anyone else have ideas/recommendations???

·
Registered
86 Posts
This may sound funny but it would work, Truck seats from a kenworth or pete about 400 a piece for your basic air ride. You could evan buy just the air ride part and bolt your seats to the base then you could buy a ARB mini air compressor for about 200$ and you would be set. The compressor is half the size of a lunch box and runs on 12volts. Iam sure you could get the bases for cheap from one of the big truck wrecking yards. Just a option.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Is rust an issue with those?

Olybirds said:
Ive got these on my Thunderjet. They are a huge improvement from standard pedistals/box seats.

they arent as Plush as the Mariner air ride type, but they are an incredible improvement. I wouldnt own another alumunum boat with a forward helm without em.

I got em, then told Old Crow about em, and I think he loves his too...

@ $269 each they are a bargain!

http://www.smoothmovesseatmounts.com/

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Looks like a good option for the price Tup:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, it appears that my options are:

- Standard air ride suspension seats at $1500 each.
- Glyde-Ryde seats at $600 each.
- Smooth Move seats at $270 each.

Right now the smooth move are looking like a steal, although I am not that big on the way the actually look... Kinda industrial... Is it perhaps just a bad pic???? wink:

Anyone else with recommendations?

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Idlechater said:
So, it appears that my options are:

- Standard air ride suspension seats at $1500 each.
- Glyde-Ryde seats at $600 each.
- Smooth Move seats at $270 each.

Right now the smooth move are looking like a steal, although I am not that big on the way the actually look... Kinda industrial... Is it perhaps just a bad pic???? wink:

Anyone else with recommendations?
You can get the air ride seats cheaper than that . I will ask at work where they get ours. Pretty sure a person should be able to buy just the air ride base and bolt their own marine seat to it also it's just a square base with a air bag and cantilever set up.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SeaRanger21 said:
You can get the air ride seats cheaper than that . I will ask at work where they get ours. Pretty sure a person should be able to buy just the air ride base and bolt their own marine seat to it also it's just a square base with a air bag and cantilever set up.
SeaRanger:

I would appreciate anything that you can find out...

Regards,

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Ditto! I've been looking into some tractor seats, but I really don't like the way they look. If you could pass on any information you might find, I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
I had a chance to talk to one of our mechanics tonight. He said he would see what he could find out.I will let you know as soon as I know.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
if you are looking for the Full air rides. Heres a place I found that seems to sell them for really cheap... Ive never bought from them, but their prices seem very good..
http://www.foreandaftmarine.com/SI-335251.htm

My Smooth moves seat base is powdercoated and hasnt rusted at all. But my boat is stored in a garage and i have the canvas up on the boat about 99% of the time, so not much water gets up near the helm of my boat.

I think all the suspension seats look very industrial, but the added comfort is worth the poor asthetics. I dont think I'd make the 30-40 mile tuna run in my boat if it werent for those seats.. It would be brutal to say the least.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seasport has a couple of new Bentleys Mariner seats in their eBay store right now for $699. The Mariner is the suspension seat most of the aluminum boats come with.

Bob

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Kenworth NW (206) 433-5921 is where the company I work for buys our truck seats.They will sell just the air ride base(no seat) for $386.00 If you go this route they will need the measurements from your seat/slider etc as there are different dimensions on the bolt patterns of the bases and they need to match up what base you will need, so prices could possibly vary.Heres a link to a site with seats, bases and compressors.

http://www.buytruckstuff.com/s_product_ ... ategory=16

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bob - I searched EBay and could not find the seats that you mentioned were listed. What search term did you use?

SeaRanger - I will definately check out that website and I appreciate the information.

Kid - I will check Craigslist...

I really appreciate all the great information that you guys are providing!!!! Tup:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts