Fishing Report - Admiralty Inlet | Gamefishin.com

Fishing Report Admiralty Inlet

Discussion in 'Jefferson County' started by Melissa, Feb 15, 2001.

1. Melissa

Melissa Guest

Well, I felt a little on the stupid side, but the fishing itch thing was there, and even the snow could subside the itch. I have no boat, so I went to Admiralty Bay about 2 miles east of the Keystone ferry and place the line in the water using a silver Buzz Bomb. I like to fish there as in late October when everyone has given up, I typically catch the biggest Silvers of the season. ...no, I wasn't shooting for Silvers, but for that elusive King. I've never caught one before, and I know they like the deeper waters, but I thought that I would wear out my arm making sure. After a couple hours of absolutely nothing, I decided to go back to the car and warm up, then got back out to take some pictures, one of which was of a bald eagle that the sea gulls kept bothering. Shortly after taking my pictures, I sat and watched the waters and near two birds (about 5 times further out than I could cast), a salmon jumped straight out of the waters five or six times... not meaning to exagerate, this fish must have been about 4 feet long and kept jumping straight up and completely out of the water. Although it was just beautiful, I just sat there with a smile on my face wishing I had a boat. One day maybe.... M

2. Robert

Robert Guest

Been great fishing I am having a blast. Within the last week I have limited out on silvers twice one going almost 10lbs. After trying for years to even catch one it is nice to finally get the kanck of it and its been great.

3. No fish being caught on the piers. Pretty dead for the past 2 weeks (< than 5 fish total)