Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 was really tough for my family.

We finished building our new house (which is of course good), but due to the market crash have been unable to sell our old house which has been sitting vacant since July, forcing us to pay two mortgages on an already slim budget. Our contractor somehow managed to under estimate the costs by nearly 50K, and had just enough fine print in the contract, to not be held accountable. This forced us to borrow even more money to keep construction going.... the ugly credit cycle rears its head.

In September my wife went into the doctor and they discovered a large tumor in her abdomen. In October, she had it removed and luckily it was benign. She missed 10 weeks work.

During breast cancer awareness week, my little sister was diagnosed with breast cancer. It was a bad strain in a bad location. She had it removed, and was given both radiation and Chemo.

And finally, my parents divorced after 35 years of marriage.

Lets just say that I was glad for the new year to come!

Well, today my sister just finished her last radiation treatment. (They've been real hard on her, she's a sweet kid and doesn't deserve to have this happen to her at 36 yrs old. We wont know much for a while but she's happy that part is over). Secondly, we just sold our vacant house this afternoon. We got a fair price and a very motivated seller, with virtually no contingencies, who wants to close in February. My wife is back to 100% and feels really good. and finally, its my mom's birthday and she seemed to be fairly happy (hasn't been for a couple years) Hopefully, we've turned a corner and things are going to pick up. Having financial problems is bad enough, but when you mix in serious health issues for those you love, and all the other crap life throws at you, its terrible. All the worry has really run me down. I haven't felt like myself since, maybe last summer.

I am really hoping that today is a turning point and life can get back to normal in 2008. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Man, it sounds like it just piled on. I haven't had that happen to me yet, but it might just be a matter of time before several things hit me at once. I guess the lesson is to try to enjoy everything while you can. You never know when it might change. Better luck in 08.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Sorry to hear about everything that has been happening, I too have had moments similar though not to that severity where it feels like everything just comes pouring down on you. I hope the best to you and your family and may 2008 treat you very well, btw how is the new house, where did you move to?

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
My hearts with you my friend. We have had a similiar year and its still going Tdown:

I am so glad it is a brighter day! Life can be hard.

Relax and enjoy your day. Tup:

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UWTB - We bought 5 acres and built about 300 yards away from our old house. Its a nice spot, very remote and quiet. Nice view of victoria and hurricane ridge.

The whole thing sort of hit me last night that it was strange 3 major good things happened on the same day, which happened to be my moms birthday. I find myself worrying about something bad coming to offset the good. I know thats the wrong way to look at it, but its been a rough year, and all year we've been "battoning down the hatches", waiting to fend off then next pile of crap to be tossed at us... I'm still crossing my fingers, and trying to be positive.

I know that Ice has been dealing with similar stuff... I'm hoping things take a turn for the better there too. If theres anything I can do to help... let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts