1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is your chance to own a piece of history.... $9000

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/boa/569666786.html

The wording is as follows....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Columbia river gillnet lisence - $9000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: see below
Date: 2008-02-11, 6:36AM PST

gillnet lisence Or. Earl at 360 431 1154

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 569666786

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somebody please buy it quick....

Cheers

·
Registered
524 Posts
Seems like a worthwhile investment -- we should do a fundraiser, buy it, and then designate that portion of the quota over to sporties.

·
Banned
2,114 Posts
might as well get up enough money, and do a hostile takeover of ALL Columbia river gillnetters. And I mean hostile. Buy 'em all out and there won't be any left to purge the resource. In that perfect world, we could do away with all commi fishers.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
RowVsWade said:
irishrogue said:
Seems like a worthwhile investment -- we should do a fundraiser, buy it, and then designate that portion of the quota over to sporties.
Tup: If only it was that simple.......
it would be that simple to buy up the License with a fundraiser and not use it = A little less impact on the resource at least.(one at a time)

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
HOw does this quota system work? If there's 100 fish for commercial, is that split up again, between boats? Or is it just 100 fish for commercial? The reason I ask, is if we do manage to get this license, would the commercial piece of the pie decrease, or would the piece still be the same amount, just one less boat to eat it?

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
madcapmag said:
HOw does this quota system work? If there's 100 fish for commercial, is that split up again, between boats? Or is it just 100 fish for commercial? The reason I ask, is if we do manage to get this license, would the commercial piece of the pie decrease, or would the piece still be the same amount, just one less boat to eat it?
It would not matter. The quota would be split up the same with one less net fishing.

The MA9 July King fishery had a quota. If only 2 sportsfishers utilized that fishery (hypothetical) they would be allowed to fish until the quota was obtained or the DFW closed it.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
LOL i didnt know you could sell them like a car

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I would think the other netters would just catch more fish per boat. If gamefishin were to buy this license would we be able to fish on the day designated for nets? We could set up some invasive hoglines right where they want to set.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts