Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I can't wait to see the new backfield. I think Julius will do very well with a chance to start on a good team. Im sure he is excited, he will be the starting tailback, no doubt. Mo will back him up and Duckett will be the short yardage back weve needed for a while. Alexander is gone, I wonder if he will sign with now? I really like the new blood, should be fun. The Hawks have always kept four running backs, so really this isn't any different just some new faces. Duckett will also give us a pounding runner in those damn snow games, Jones is also a good downhill runner. I still remember him tearing up Seattle for about a deuce a few years back.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Maybe the master plan is to start Seneca at QB, and run the ol wishbone, with Duckett at fullback , Alexander and Jones at halfback!!!

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
DBAppraiser said:
You never know, the Hawks might release Mo Morris. wink:
Actually I think you are right. I'll bet they let Morris and Alexander go.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I haven't seen how much $$ or how long Julius Jones signed for so until that is known speculation is a bit more difficult. He had already visited the Titans and his two real choices were Seattle and Detroit. Not much of a choice there. If the Hawks cut someone it probably won't be until sometime either right before camp or during camp and it will obviously depend on the cap influence. If it were up to me, I wouldn't keep anyone and the RB position would be wide open when training camp starts.

One thing that concerns me about Jones is that his numbers aren't that great either and he lost his starting job to Marion Barber while the Cowboys have a pretty good offensive line. That being said Ruskell has been pretty damn good at weeding out the bad apples and signing guys that contribute well. The only real mistake that I see that has been made in the past was the Hutchinson deal and no one is perfect so I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt and see how this all plays out through the summer.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
i just read up on the Jones signing. SWEET! after we get rid of Shauny bones we have 3 very good running backs. Jones definitely sticks out as a feature back with Morris being used on passing situations and draws. Duckett will come in and get the 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1. Finally someone who can RUN through a defender.

Throw in Weaver who may be the most athletic FB in the league and the backfield went from liability to Tup: . I really would like to see us resign Hackett but I am not going to get my hopes up. He doesnt deserve "starter" money until he plays a whole season. He can be a 1000+ yard reciever if he can stay freakin' healthy! Hopefully Branch will be back to 100% by the time the season starts.

The addition of the big G on the O-line, the 2 running backs and hopefully resigning of hackett makes this offense a LOT better. Plus add in all the young guys gaining the experience from last year.

I dont even have to mention the Defense. They will be on the field a lot less now that we have a running game, and shut down many teams!!! I will leave the predictions to ICE but i have a good feeling about next year :D :D

·
Registered
315 Posts
The signing of two running backs shows dedication to improving the running game, which is
good. You guys about half way have me talked into SA being let go, but I will believe it when
I see it. It definitely looks like the "prima donna" days are over for SA. If the other guys make
him look bad in camp and pre season, he might very well be gone.
I am a part time Cowboys fan and I was not impressed with Jones this year. He reminded me
of SA quite a bit actually. I don't know squat about Duckett, but I have to wonder why he would
be any better than Weaver in short yardage situations. I really think we would benefit more
from a stand out tight end then with additional RBs that are second tier. If the O line is much
better than last year then we could have done with the RBs we had, IMO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts