Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KJR is reporting that Shawn Alexander was meeting with team officials today at the Kirkland HQ. Speculation is rampant as to the content of the meeting. Does he get released? Will the team ask to restructure the contract? Where's Ice, we need answers!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
DBAppraiser said:
KJR is reporting that Shawn Alexander was meeting with team officials today at the Kirkland HQ. Speculation is rampant as to the content of the meeting. Does he get released? Will the team ask to restructure the contract? Where's Ice, we need answers!
John Clayton said he is likely gone in the next couple days.

Not that you need John Clayton to tell you that though. Signing 2 running backs in the last week should be answer enough.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I wonder if he'll use one these negotiating strategies:

1. Run and try and bust through the middle, really really wanting what he wants and doing all he can to get it.

2. Fake out the opposing negotiators so they don't know if he'll run through or go wide.

3. Bounce off the opposition to be redirected, hoping to get some of what he wants.

4. Stutter around, hiding behind his team of negotiators, hoping for a wide path to tip toe through.

5. Slide and conceed everything as soon as the opposition says "We need to negotiate".

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
madcapmag said:
I wonder if he'll use one these negotiating strategies:

1. Run and try and bust through the middle, really really wanting what he wants and doing all he can to get it.

2. Fake out the opposing negotiators so they don't know if he'll run through or go wide.

3. Bounce off the opposition to be redirected, hoping to get some of what he wants.

4. Stutter around, hiding behind his team of negotiators, hoping for a wide path to tip toe through.

5. Slide and conceed everything as soon as the opposition says "We need to negotiate".
Very nice! Tup:

I'd put money on #4 and #5

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
dont the seahawks save like 4 million if they hold onto him until june 1st? if thats the case no reason to let him go now

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Hawks can't cut Alexander until the wrist is healed and he is still wearing a cast after off season surgery. The meeting yesterday was probably called by Shawn's agent to see just what is happening and what the Hawk's plans are. His agent was quoted in an article a few days ago saying just that. I would expect Shawn to get released after or on June 1st because that is when it is cap friendly to do so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts