Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some have rumored for 2021, with the huge coho runs as predicted, can we also claim that the pink run will be a bountiful run as well ?

·
Registered
734 Posts
As Far as the Eye can See.JPG

Sure will be nice, can't wait to see them come in again!

Pinks always amaze me when they head up stream on the Lower Green River.
After the main run gets started, the schools fill up the middle section of the river and it stretches in both directions as far as you can see.
Pretty tight lipped though and hard to get them to bite, with one goal in mind, to get to those spawning grounds as fast as they can. :)
" TRAPPER "

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great fun on flys. A couple seasons back, we had the kids out with sinking wet flys, (pink, lite pink, and other pink variants !) . We found a nice deep pool, slower flow, and swung&swum (?) the flys across the pool just above the tail-out ! Great takes, and some fun catch and release training for all !

The damn kids are already planning my fishing daze if the run makes it back ...

·
Registered
734 Posts
Those Tail outs have been fun for us too, for both Coho's and Pinks!
It doesn't seem to matter what kind of Fly we used as long as it dragged past them at eyelevel.

[QUOTE="Myassisdragon, The damn kids are already planning my fishing daze if the run makes it back ..[/QUOTE]
They say if you try to "Retire"......well, Good Luck if you have Kids!

" TRAPPER "

Fly Time.JPG

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My super duper rumor producers just let the PS Humpy forecast outta the bag . Maybe A titch over one Million Pinks headed home this season !

Not as many as hoped for, but enuff to keep the kids happy with a bit of luck !

Cheers

·
Registered
734 Posts
Back on the Water.JPG

QUOTE="Myassisdragon, "Maybe A titch over one Million Pinks headed home this season."

Boy, sounds like fun!
That would be the kind of "Shot in the Arm" we could all use after being cooped up for a whole year. " TRAPPER "

·
Administrator
13,955 Posts
It's not you Cod. Unfortunately this site has been neglected and mismanaged since I sold it. It's a shame. However the new owners have recently done a good job updating it. It's good to see some old timers jump on recently.

·
Registered
7 Posts
well a bunch of people made forums on facebook , Which has been moderated to death , Im going to bring this up , If you say , On face book someone should get their ass kicked , they bann you for three days

·
Registered
734 Posts
Well, if you are talking the total numbers of Pinks and Chums are numbering over 3 Million Fish coming back this Fall....
Sounds like we all will be busy this year, Cleaning Fish.
" TRAPPER "

(In Texas, where everything's Bigger, the last snowstorm wiped out over 3 Million Fish in one swoop.)

It's been a "Long Time" since I have enjoyed watching that many fish headed upstream, lets hope the Season stays open for us to have some fun! " TRAPPER "

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts