Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been deer hunting and just hanging out with an old liflong friend that has a place in Sunbury, North Carolina. I arrived Nov. 15 and departed Dec. 11. We didn't hunt everyday and there is no hunting on Sundays. I had right good luck, the day after thanksgiving I killed a 7 point buck at 54 yards with 00 buckshot that went right down. I first saw this deer at 150 yards and it took him 20 minutes to make it down the path and within range of the shotgun. He was just taking his time and I was thinking he would spook before he came within range. 6 days later from the same 16' elvetated stand I took an 8 pointer that was going to sneak across a path at 50 yards. This deer was also shot with 00 buckshot but ran about 60 yards into the woods, he left a nice trail to follow however. The 8 pointer is at the taxidermist.

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
General,
Nice Job!
I like the way those boys drag deer :D
That fire pit..... well I can feel the heat from here.
And hauling wood..... well what can I say 'bout that!
WTG ;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
You took me down memory lane with that post. I was stationed in S. Carolina for a couple of years, mid 80's. Treestands, shotguns and whitetails. Nice job.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Looks like fun!
Tup: Tup: A bit different from the hunts around here.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Real different than here. 6 deer limit at least 2 have to be does but all 6 could be. Season is from mid Oct till Jan 1st (firearm), they run deer with dogs, however there were no dogs after these 2 deer. You can put out feeders, and the deer or still out of control.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts