Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend that i bowl with was absent at our bowling league last nite.I was asking where this guy was when his wife said he is in the hospital with a broken back and in a body cast.Apparently he and his 10 year old son were out fishing out of Everett 10 st launch.They were just heading out when they hit a big wave he came out of his seat when the boat went down the trough and hit the next wave.It slammed him back down into the boat hard.The engine strap removed and the boat shut down.
Now they were dead inthe water and dad in serious pain and in trouble no VHS on board.Dad through the pain and near blacking out was able to talk the kid into getting the boat started again and back close to the Navy pier where their calls for help were answered.The Navy sent a boat and medical staff out to help.They were able to get the guy stable enough for a helicopter ride to the hospital where he is doing ok.
Guy owes his life to his 10 year old son who under pressure was able to handle it and is a hero.. clap: .
Story never made it to any paper.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
That is a great story, John, when did this happen, If you want I will forward this to one of our reporters, i just need some details PM me if you want this known, thanks John Tup:

·
Registered
535 Posts
WOW amazing story. That father must be doin a great job raising that youngin! I'll bet he goes into some field having to do with saving people when he is older now. Remarkable! Thanks for sharing that one!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Great story one lucky guy. On a side note I hate it when I am fishing and my VCR doesnt work. :lol: VHS=VCR VHF=RADIO sorry for the bad joke but i am a radio guy.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
thats an awesome story. If I have permission from you(or the son/father involved) I would love to forward it to a local news station like Komo, King, etc. That is an awesome story. The son deserves some sort of medal or honor for that!

Let me know if i can help with getting the news involved Tup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts