Tying Palmered Marabou Jigs
(Items needed) vise,bobbin,scissors (I like Dr Slick razor scissors) ,hackle pliers,bodkin or heavy needle,whip finishing tool (I like Matarellis extended reach one). some heavy thread, good quality feathers and quality jig heads
(1) Lay tag end of thread on hook and wrap over it and back towards hook eye, trim tag end.
(2) Tie in some krystal flash if wanted and wrap back.
(3) Pick out some full feathers and tie in by tip and wrap back (note) How ends of feather are laying around vise, you want them to lay in the same direction you will tame them.
(4) Hold quill end in fingers or (I use hackle pliers) wet fingers and tame feather towards hook point.Begin wrapping towards hook eye,maintain a fair amount of tension and keep wraps close together, when you get towards the end of the good part of feather take three or four wraps with your bobbin to secure it, trim feather off and take a few more wraps, wrap back to eye.
(5) Repeat step(3) and (4) once or twice, depends what you want the profile of your jig to look like.
(6) Take a few extra wraps to even things up and do a whip finish ( I use a matarelli whip finishing tool for me it's faster than using my fingers and does a neater job) trim thread add a drop of glue and it's done.