Still no Koke for 2017......

Discussion in 'Kokanee Addiction' started by WidgeonmanGH, Apr 18, 2017.

1. WidgeonmanGH

WidgeonmanGH Well-Known Member

Went out yesterday to try American again for some Kokanee. It was my own fault for getting there late, just meandered around getting ready and didn't get there until 9:30am which is a very late start by Koke standards. I had actually decided not to go then the morning was turning out so nice I changed my mind. By the time I got there though the wind was already picking up.

I did finally find some schools of kokanee but they did not want what I was offering. I definitely do not have the colors/scent combo figured out for consistent catching on American. Still looking for that magic go to flasher/lure.

Weather no doubt did not help either. I did manage to catch dinner though. The way these trout at American cut, I am not too disappointed to keep them. Devereaux next week all trout even the bigger ones will be released. They have the pale white flesh and eat like the typical stocked trout. I will be keeping kokanee from Devereaux though. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Myassisdragon

Myassisdragon Active Member

No wonder, that reel is way too big to catch Kokanee !

;)

Nice fillet o Trout, and the plating as shown, makes one reel hungry just looking at it !

3. WidgeonmanGH

WidgeonmanGH Well-Known Member

lol - I use my salmon reel and tie on about 150 feet of 8lb. Stren to my braid. Works out great and no need for more reels.

Thanks it was indeed good!