Game Fishing Forum banner

Snohomish River

Fishing Report 
11K views 74 replies 1 participant last post by  Joe Custer 
G
#1 ·
fished the Snohomish on 11-21-00, on an incoming 12' tide at 1:30 pm...tried to hook an iron head but couldn't figure out how to rig up since there was little flow secondary to the tide fighting the Snohomish! Saw a 10# steelhead travel right by my suspended bait in 3' of water!! Any hints or help?

G
#2 ·
Fished the mouth of the Snohomish on the ouy going tide for some sturgeon,Had no luck but did see one that did get boated, It was about a (44-45incher)... Bring lots of bait the crabs will pick you clean!!!

G
#3 ·
i was fishing on the west side of the river i was using nightcralers i had nothing but bites which was good i only hooked 7 bullhead and 2 8-9in it was'nt to bad but man do i hate those dame bullhead

G
#4 ·
Weather was cold, windy, and rain at times. Thank the fish gods for canvas. 3 hits got us 2 undersize last hour and a half before low tide. 1 undersize on the first hour of incoming. Fished steamboat slough with sandshrimp. Bob H.

G
#5 ·
Fished about a mile above Thomas' Eddy park,been hiitin' silvers on dick nites (various color combos) I haven't seen any chums YET! Lookin' for a line on chums,silvers are slow now on the Snohomish.

G
#6 ·
I had been loosing to many lures on the snohomish river just south of the town.So...I decided to make my own out of some brass plate.had great luck last friday and saturday.caught three bright silvers lost two.havent had any luck the last two trips out.Did see someone catch a nice chum this morning

G
#7 ·
Was fishing the lower snohomish with no luck.Water was murky and the river was very high.Using firetiger plug hot shot with one oz weight.Back trolling in the current hoping something would hit it.Nothing doing,switched to same color Kwikfish and 30 min later hooked a nice chum salmon in the 10-15 lb range.Got it to the boat before it broke me off.If you find a chum with a k14 in it that was my fish....Will go out again tomorrow with new line.....Good fishing to all.

G
#8 ·
I was fishing the lower snohomish with jeff scheiner and brian garcia fishing for coho.We were a few hundred yards downstream from the hiway 9 bridge when brian;s rod bent almost to the water.I thought he was snagged at first,but low and behold he had on the biggest dang silver i had ever seen.I thought it was jaws when i saw the thing.Huge old hook nose 1234567.Thing actually started pulling the boat around finally i was able to net the thing.Guys in other boats were yelling and stuff.Wanted to know what we were using.Darn nice fish.Should of weighed it.Thought it was in the 20 lb class.Way to go to brian garcia his very first salmon.

G
#10 ·
the river is full of fish but they have lock jaw or i cant fish we have spent last sunday for most of the day trolling plugs,plug cuts,spoons & blades only to see 100`s of bright silvers jump with only 5 fish neted Then wednesday 10-02-02 did the same thing from evertt to the shipwreak with no fish in our boat!!!!!!! Is any one catching fish and if there are what are they catching these fish on!!!!!!!!!!

G
#13 ·
Launched the boat at Lowell River Park. Drove it up to Snohomish and trolled spoons, spinners, and wedding-rings. Got two bites on the red wedding ring. Also tried bait; no bites. Drove back down below Snohomish (city).....Tried a couple casts.....nothing.

G
#14 ·
Went to the river today, at the rotary park in Everett, after the huge rainstorm hoping to see schools of Salmon running. I waited for the tide to come in and went late evening. The Sno is only open for Pinks and only for this month. It's an off year for the pinks but there were a few rolling. The didn't come in hoards as I expected. They ran up in twos and threes. No one in the boats caught any and were hopping mad to see the guy fishing on the dock land an eight pounder. It was a real clean bright fish too. He caught it on a pink humpie spoon fished close to the bottom. No luck for me... I'll keep trying. See you all out there.

Ray

G
#21 ·
Humpies are here and there and everywhere. Fishing has been great. Best luck tossing either Buzz Bombs, pink or chartruese and jighead with small hoochie, pink again. Silvers starting to jump and roll in the mix. Get out and get em, they will only show in bigger numbers each day!!!!!!!!!!!

G
#22 ·
Fished this morning from sunrise to 9:00 and made it home to watch HOGQUEST with are limits in the sink. NO Cohos on the beach but plenty of Stinks (pinks) good for eggs I guess. We Used pink Dick nites, seem to work well

G
#23 ·
SILVERS ARE IN!!!! Fished last couple days with the silvers finally starting to show, and will continue to get better with some time. RAIN, praying to the rain gods, soon. Derby this weekend, will be on the river all weekend long. Will update soon. Seems the new Dick Nites out are working good magic. Green with silver back. Troll super slow with 6-9 ft. leaders seems to do the trick. Good luck and go get em.

G
#24 ·
Fished for a few hours. Caught three nice chromers with lice, (silvers) but all were small fish 5-6 lbs. max!!! Did have a chum on but lost em. Will be going again on the 28th and will update. But i did see alot of silvers being caught, all smaller but still super bright fish.

G
#25 ·
Checked out the river after work and was pleasantly surprised to see humpies rolling everywhere. Talked to a couple of guys that had their limits. pink jigs did the job for them. the fish were on the small side but very brite. I got down there a little too late as the tide was almost high and the bite had slowed way down. saw a friend of mine and joined him for a time, until he went to cast a dick nite spoon and proceeded to bury it in the back of my head! not a pleasant feeling for sure. and to add to the excitement he had forgotten to pinch the barb! he had no choice but to preform stream side surgery with needle nosed pliers to get (yank)it out.*@#%$!! I fished for another hour then went to the doc for a tetnus shot. the rain will really get them moving up the river now. tight lines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.