Game Fishing Forum banner

Skykomish River (Main)

Fishing Report 
10K views 71 replies 2 participants last post by  Reynolds LS 
G
#1 ·
Fished all day sunday with great success. WE took home 4 steelies and lost at least 4 more. We also had the added bonus of landing and releaseing a 2Ib. dolly vardon. What a pretty fish. We fished down below reider ponds at the cable hole. We used jigs and bobber's all day. Went back on tuesday hooked and lost 1, but the river has dropped quite a bit. Good luck and happy hunting. Rob !!!!!!!!!!!!!

G
#3 ·
Turned out to be a beautiful day on the Sky. Had two very exuberant clients today. These guy`s would have been happy just to catch a cold! Water was at about 4.2 ft. low and slow. Got two hatchery fish above T-bird. Both hens. Hit two fish just above the Ben Howard launch. Fished pink worms, jigs, plugs, and drifted bait. If you want more info give me an e-mail. Good Fishin` Bob H. P.S. Hit the fish on plugs and sandshrimp

G
#4 ·
Fished from the bank at the cracker bar in Sultant 6/22. Got there fairly late around 6:45am. Started out using sand shrimp under a float. Three or four guys near me in the next two hours not catching anything either. Lot of boats launching and buzzing up and down for drifts. Moved further upstream and rigged my 4lb test with a small spin and flow, bead and hook wrapped with yarn. Drifted water fifteen feet off bank maybe two feet deep and pick up a nick 7.5 lb chrome buck. Good battle on 4lb and noodle rod. Fish had all net marks on it. Thanks to Scott Combs for tail grab

G
#6 ·
The early morning was none to kind to all the gents at Reiter. From 6am to 8 am 3 fish were hooked and only one landed on a #8 Helgramite fly. Lots of fish in the water and a few rising to taunt our efforts!!

G
#7 ·
We went fishing on our favorite hole on the sky in hopes of pinks. And we were not dissapointed the fishing was fantastic the best in years for pinks, must have caught and released over 30 fish before we kept our limits. The rule is use anything pink for terminal tackle. You don't need a boat to have fun on this river. There is fish from Monroe to Sultan and above. Good luck and don't forget there is only a four fish limit

G
#8 ·
MY DAUGHTER OF TWO YEARS OLD AND MYSELF FROM BELLINGHAM, WASHINGTON DROVE DOWN AND TOOK A GLIMPSE AT YOUR RIVER. WHAT A BEAUTIFULL RIVER. WE SAW A FEW CHUMS LANDED. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE APPROACHING STEELY RUN. ANY ONE HAVE ANY SPOTS AND SUGGESTIONS FOR A RIVER CATCH AND RELEASE NEW COMMER?

G
#11 ·
Bank fished the Skykomish this weekend from Monroe to almost the forks. Have they netted the entire mouth or the river or what? I only saw three fish (all native steelies, one snagged) caught the whole time. Not a single springer or any hatchery fish. Either there aren't any fish around or I need to start rip-snagging em with treble hooks.

G
#12 ·
fished Skykomish last weekend from forks almost to Reiter pond. Not much to tell. Water is too low and too clear. However, landed one nate, very colored. Spotted a few fresh silvers, saw one landed. Kings are almost gone, still a few here and there. A good rain would help.

G
#14 ·
Fished the Skykomish by Sultan this morning and saw TONS of Chums. Saw a lot of fish caught and all of them were foul-hooked. The fish are VERY dark so if you are thinking about meat fishing, don't go there. There were also a few silvers caught. Overall it was a decent day of fishing.

G
#16 ·
Great day on the water, not a person in sight! Every day out here should be like today. God's surely shining down. Some steel in the water which means for a promising season. Hooked my second ironhead in three weeks, but this hen did'nt get away! Bright and clean,and about 5-6 pounds FUN-FUN-FUN.Happy fishing to all!!

G
#18 ·
bank fished several access points along ben howard road. got nothing. not even a bite. lots of fuzzy chums, very dead of course. saw two steelhead rolls in a deep hole as night set in. saw none caught. shore access is scarce for this river and even more so for the sultan and wallace.

G
#20 ·
Fished the Sky at Gold Bar for the first time. Beautiful Hole along the Cliff's, acsessed by a long walk through F&G easement. Had the River to myself, crystal clear water but no action. (We'll give them a Month more). "TRAPPER"

G
#21 ·
Only had an hour to wet a line so I went to the highway 203 bridge (Lewis St. in Monroe) Fish action all over the place. A 6.8 lb hen, chrome bright came home with me. Visibility in the river was great at around 3 feet, nice green color and is loaded with fish. Fished the Wallace on Sunday 9/19 with very few silvers to be had up there but some huge Kings. Give it a few days for up on the Wallace, their coming!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.