Game Fishing Forum banner

Skokomish River

Fishing Report 
52K views 604 replies 20 participants last post by  wolfkill220 
G
#1 ·
fished off purdy creek rd, lots of chums around with a few bright ones being caught. only saw one silver. I love fighten those chums!

G
#2 ·
was on the skokomish 11/19/03 at 08:00 am while it was on it way to blowing out we went down past the boat house and the waded
across the field. could only stay there for an hour at most
river was running in to fast and getting to deep. went back to boat house and found the chum were hugging the banks near pudy
creek rd. had two limits within an hour,saw silvers jumping in middle of river but they just kept moving up.

G
#3 ·
fished the skok today from about 5pm til dark the tide was up and there were tons of fish rolling around, landed one silver about 8 lbs lost another after it broke me off, gonna try it again tommorow probably in the morning

G
#4 ·
Fished the Skok this morning at about 7 AM. The water was a bit murky from the rains on Friday night but there was still lots of clear areas in the water where fish could be seen. I was told by a few guys that the water was running fast and it literally raised a few feet as the rain came in on Friday. I fished up river away from the main road up past the bend which turns left. I caught & released my fist King (about 15-20#) on my first cast (dark). I hooked onto 13 fish, landed about 10 after 2 hours of fishing before landing a chromed 22# King. Fat hen with lots of eggs and bright pink meat. I was surprised to see a fish this good condition this time of the year. I guess we'll see if the weather holds up before I head back there again. Happy fishin'! FISH ON!!

G
#6 ·
Just like King said, lots of salmon were being caught all day on the Skok. I fished my regular hole and as expected had very good luck. I hooked onto some pretty good sized Kings but ended up releasing them since most of them were old & dark. I managed to hook onto a few Siler Jacks using green yarn with orange corkies. I left the river after 5 hours of fun with a 12# Silver Hen. Beautfiul chromed fish! As I say....Happy Fishing. FISH ON!

G
#7 ·
Fished the Skok today. Left with my limit of 4 bright bright silvers after 2 hours. Landed at least 8 fish. A lot of people and a lot of fish get there early it's combat fishing at it's finest. Yellow corkies with red dots.

G
#9 ·
I fished the Skok this morning with Tenderfoot. Like Aceman said, the water was a bit high but wadeable. It should go down in a day or two. Tenderfoot landed a nice 10# silver hen at the 1st log pile up river from the main fishing hole from the rod. Be careful as this log pile had a lot of snags. I ended up losing at least 5-6 leaders due to logs & other debris in the water. As for myself, I got skunked. I lost 3 fish that decided they weren't about to be taken on this day. I'll be back to redeem myself....and that's a promise. What da'ya say BK? We gotta get back on the water soon before *** ******* comes and takes all the fish!

Edited by Bruce on 10/12/2004.

G
#8 ·
Fished the Skok this morning at about 8 AM. The water was running a little high but not as bad as it was on Saturday from the non-stop early rain. Give it a few days and I predict it will be low again by Wednesday. As for the fish, I hooked onto a lot of Coho Jacks and a few nice chromed Chums. Yes, the Chums are starting to show. Remember to release these bad boys till the 15th of Oct. After that, it's on!! I managed to walk out of the river by noon with 3 chromed silver hens & 1 nice chromed buck. All were in the range of 8-12 lbs. Caught them all using green yarn and orange corkies. Happy Fishin'!

G
#10 ·
Hit the Skok around the noon hour. Water was clear and fish were everywhere. The chums are in as I hooked onto a few & managed to get a nice workout fightin' these brutes. Nice chromed fish; too bad we can't keep 'em till after Friday. Anyway, I walked out of the river with 4 nice chromed Silver hens, all between 8-15 lbs. using a combo of green yarn/orange corkies and pink yarn/green corkies.

G
#11 ·
fished low tide down from bridge by the farm and caught 2 bright chum. At about three went higher in the river and crossed and landed 2 silvers and hooked into aleast 5 more. fishing was best about 4pm.

G
#12 ·
Fished the Skoko about noonish or so till 3pm. We wanted to cross the river but said what the heck. Went to the log pile and between the three of us hooked and landed 15 chummies and 1 silver that got off at the netting stage. Over all not a bad day. The fish were all caught in a 1 hour window otherwise pretty dead. Lots of people all along the river, good to see everyone having fun. To those who brought their wife/girlfriend, way to go! They appreciate those kinds of things. Where is the next hot river going to be in the next week or so? If anyone knows, please let me know. Keep fishin' on!!!

G
#13 ·
Skokomish River,Mason County, Wa. Is still on fire for really big bright Coho, You just need to know where and when to fish it.We all caught Four adults plus our two jack in no time at all. Look for me at the log hole or cross the river. Oh by the way three of our fish weight in around 19lbs

G
#14 ·
Two of us fished the Skok today. We hooked 8 Chums a piece on fly. 4 or 5 of mine were hooked in the mouth, 3 or 4 of my partners fish were hooked in the mouth...super bright fish.

www.therivers3.com

G
#18 ·
Me and my girl hit the river at 7:30, FISH ON! Non stop Action until around 11:30 When we left. We landed 4 nice chum all hooked in the mouth, and another 6 to 7 foul hooked. I lost a Bright silver That slammed my offering. We released all we hooked, just had a GOOD time on the river - GREEN CORKIE-MOSS YARN. Good Luck Everyone!

G
#21 ·
Fished the skok today at 9am today across the field. I fished that hole for a couple hours and no hook-ups. Waded down towards the bridge and found them. Foul-hooked one and let go and left 20 minutes later with a decent king buck about 15 pounds. One of my brothers hooked up and lost his. While waiting for my brothers to catch one, I went on the bridge to look down and saw a school of fish coming in with the tide around 1pm. Good day at the skok

FISH ON.

G
#22 ·
Fished Friday 9/2 11 yo grandson caught his first fish in a river 28# bright King gave him a run but he was up to it. eyes were as big a saucers and tired arms but he got it previous sunday I caught 25# king. some one said silvers were starting to show but didn't see any.

G
#23 ·
Went for a drive this AM to check out the river. At least 100 cars by the bridge, and many along the road. Decided to try it for a while, saw a few caught, no bites except from the group of guys snagging across the river from me.

G
#24 ·
Fished today 10 till 3 one big (huge actually 30+) king on but lost up by 101 bridge still fairly bright. saw some silvers down just above S curve. nets still in at 3pm
one was cut that may ahve been to long. some one said a federal guy was measuring it and shortened it to regs. Good for him if it was.
pretty quiet overall.

G
#25 ·
Fished the cornfield in the afternoon. Tide was coming in. Lots of dark ones hanging around with an occasional bright one. Saw a lot foul hooked. Didn't catch anything, the sun was bright and fish were spooky. I did see some silvers going up. It's tough wearing neoprene when it's 75 and sunny. Think I'll dig out the hip boots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.