Game Fishing Forum banner

Quilcene River

Fishing Report 
11K views 39 replies 4 participants last post by  fishinfool2 
G
#1 ·
Tons and tons of Salmon. Were not biting on anything. A few nice ones were caught. Best Salmon that I saw caught was 17 Lbs.

G
#4 ·
Fished the Quil' today from the bridge downstream and didn't see anything except trout jumping. The river is low and clear and has changed a lot since last year. Rain will do the trick. Saw 2 silvers above the mouth. Lots of people at the mouth, too. Good luck!

G
#5 ·
Came from the Skok with nothing but slow action and 2 bobbers down with eggs. Walked down from the 101 bridge yesterday and saw 10 jacks and 5 Chum all the way down the trail. Landed a jack that was about 18 inches and 4lbs so I released. Used a bead and yarn on a size 1 hook. This place has really changed since last weekend, they diverged the river to go another way. River is pretty slow and needs rain and really high tides. Good luck!

G
#6 ·
Saw 2 chum and 1 silver below the bridge. Down at Rogers St there were a few chum and silvers but not many. People fishing their said it had been pretty good the afternoon of the 7th.

Edited by Easy Limits on 9/9/2010.

G
#7 ·
Waited for a LONG time for silvers, only saw (protected) chums, not worth the wait! It was a good early run. Waiting for the Sequim to open. fished the puq?, bonked nice 2 silvers in 20 minutes.
Hit'em hard they won't last long.

G
#8 ·
Fished the 'cene yesterday from 7 a.m. to noon and released a jack below 101 bridge and then 10lb chrome hen took my rig for a ride but I landed and got a nice silver in the freezer. Used a size 1 hook, black yarn, red bead, and a 3ft leader. DO NOT USE CANNONBALL WIEGHTS! Saw 2 chums, 7 jacks, and 4 good size cohos including mine and only 1 other person had a fish. The river is changing back to the left yesterday or today. Good Luck!

G
#9 ·
Fished the 'cene downstream of 101 with my mom from 9 am to 3 pm and she got a nice chrome 8 lb buck silver on a home-made hootchie spinner and all I got were bites. Saw a pretty good amount of coho, a dead pink on the beach, and no chums for the first time. Lots of people at Roger St. and the mouth. Good Luck!

G
#10 ·
Fished the Quil and the Skok yesterday with my dad below 101 and the log jam hole on the Skok. At the Quil, my dad went 1 for 2 with a fresh 6lb silver and I went 0 for 2 with a couple following my jig. At the Skok, I went 2 for 16 with a decent 6lb jack and my dad did not hook any. Fish are starting to turn brown at the Skok but some rain would be a quick fix for fresher king and coho at both places. Other anglers were doing good too at the Quil and Skok. Good Luck!

G
#11 ·
fished the quilcene downstream from the 101 bridge yesterday from 8am to 12:30pm. hooked 3 landed a small 4 and a half lb chrome hen. saw alot of coho pass by, but they stopped going by around noon.

G
#12 ·
Fished the Quil about a mile downstream of 101 today from 1 pm to 7 pm with my dad. I hooked 2 and landed and released a decent jack and my dad hooked 4 landing only a chum that was released as well. I had a lot of fish chasing my pink jigs and spinners. Couple of game wardens down there busted a 3 people for something I am not sure but they had a whole stringer of fish. A couple of schools came by us and saw a couple dark ones also. Good Luck!

G
#13 ·
Fished about a mile downstream of 101 from Sat. to Mon. 4 on sat., 3 on sun., and 0 on mon. with derby winner being a released 18 lb buck. Most fish were caught either twitching jigs or drifting beads. Lots of coho, chum, pinks, people, and people keeping snagged fish. Went up to the hatchery to look and the water below the weir was filled with coho and are expected to continue through October! Good Luck!

G
#14 ·
Fished the Quil about a mile downstream of 101 with a friend from 11 am to 2 pm. We went 4 for 7 including a bonked 8lb silver, 2 released chums, and a beaten up coho that was released. Toosing spinners and drifting yarn and beads. Lots of people but I only saw 5 fish on the beach. Just before we were about to leave a huge school of 20-30 fresh silvers started shooting up. Also saw a coyote on the other side of the river on the way out. Good Luck!

G
#15 ·
Fished the Quilcene Sat. and Sun. at the clay banks hole and got 4 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. Released a huge 21 lb coho (just because it was a native) and a big male pink.
Not many fresh ones in any more, we need some rain. Pitching home-made spinners was very effective by keeping 3, hooking 4, and having several follow all the way to the beach. Dick Nites, beads, and corkies worked, too. Lots of people again but not as many limiting out. Good Luck!

G
#16 ·
Fished the Quilcene with my mom at the Clay Banks and first cast WHAM!!! A nice 12 lb hen, one of the few chromers left. Saw a chrome jack, big shading buck, and a released black, spawned-out coho. Heard the mouth has decent fishing but seems like the season might be wrapping here. Also, don't forget to pick your trash and beer bottles so it doesn't end up closing down or ruining others' fun and time. Good Luck!

G
#17 ·
Woke up this morning and it was raining... Perfect. Took a short trip out to the quil and walked up from rodgers st. Mostly chum but silvers are there. Flossed one and after 5 hours of rain, one hit my spinner. Both fish were females and clipped around 6lbs. I also caught a pretty 12" rainbow and a few cutts on the spinner.

G
#18 ·
Walked up from Rodgers st today this morning. Not much goin on... After a few hours of throwing at nothin. I put on a spinner and was able to punch 2 jacks. Seems like the season might be over for the quil.

G
#19 ·
Fished the Quil with my dad today about a mile downstream from the 101, from 6:30 to noon. Not alot of people...Or fish. Caught 2 and my dad caught 1. A semi-bright 5lb hen, a chrome 5lb buck, and a semi-bright 8lb buck. All caught on eggs.

G
#20 ·
Fished the Quil with my dad today, about a mile downstream of 101 from 6AM to 2:30. At 9 started seeing schools of atleast 30-50 coho move up every 15 minutes. Would swim by pretty fast, but i ended up going 4 for 7, landing 2 5lb bucks, a 5lb hen, and a 4lb hen, Losing a few after setting the hook and missing several. My dad went 1 for 5, landing a 5lb hen. All fish were caught on red beads and eggs. About a 3ft leader and light line.

G
#22 ·
Fished downstream of 101 from 3 to 8pm and went 3 for 12 keeping a 6lb buck. Using red beads and yarn with short leaders. A lot of schools were coming up when I first arrived but they stopped around 7pm. Good Luck!

G
#23 ·
fished downstream of 101 with my dad friday, saturday and sunday we got 1 on fri. 8 on sat and 8 on sun. All with either beads and yarn or beads and eggs with a 1/0 hook and 2 foot leaders. Really have to work for your fish if you want to limit but a few good schools would come by every once in a while. Good Luck!

G
#24 ·
Fished the Quil yesterday with my dad, from 6am to 2pm. About a mile downstream of the 101. We both got 4 fish, plus lost quite a few before that. Biggest was 12lbs, smallest was 7lbs. All chrome bright. Using red beads and eggs in the morning, beads and yarn later in the day. There were alot of schools moving up, but they were pretty spooked. Really gotta work for the fish.

G
#25 ·
Fished below 101 wednesday and thursday nights with my dad and we got 8 on wed and 7 on thurs. Beads and eggs or beads and yarn. Some fish have been in the river for a while now and action is slowing down, had to work for the fish but they are there if you know where to find them. Good Luck!

G
#26 ·
Fished below 101 again today from 7 to 9am with a friend and got 8 silvers from 7 to 12lbs. Bead and eggs work for us. Saw 2 undercover gamewardens bust a guy for snagging and met a nice group of fisherman as well. Not a lot of people with limits but there were tons of people. Good Luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.