Question on Anise oil

Discussion in 'Let's Talk Fishin'! The best fishin' community on' started by kinghunter, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kinghunter

kinghunter New Member

All I could find is anise extract, would that work? Where can you get pure anise oil? Do you dilute or just use pure anise oil? Does anyone know why anise attracts fish?

2. Bubba

Bubba New Member

At your neighborhood Pharmacy.... Small brown bottle , that could go for a pretty penny...... Just remember.... A little dab will do you find.... Strong stuff.

3. madcapmag

madcapmag Active Member

I used to use the anise extract found at the grocery stores, but switched to the ProCure pure anise oil. Even though it is more expensive, it is more economical. A couple drops of the pure is virtually the same as 1/8th - 1/4 bottle of the extract.

4. stillwater

stillwater Active Member

Doe's anyone remember this question a few years back on the old site? IMO it was one of the funniest!

5. kinghunter

kinghunter New Member

Thanks Bubba!

6. eggster

eggster Well-Known Member

dont be afraid of the stuff in the grocery store.it works great.for some reason fish, especially salmon find the smell of anise very appealing.ive caught lots of kings on anise soaked herring, way more than non-soaked bait.i'll even take some and splash my cut eggs with it when drifting for silvers, or kings.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I rarely use it but have used it for summer steel and it works.
    Doesn't seem to matter what I or others use on summer steel, they don't dislike it.
    Shrimp, crawfish, sardine, anise...

The scent made by Smelly Jelly called, "Special Mix" is a combination of shrimp and anise and is good stuff.

I know a guy who adds pure anise to his eggs when curing them after they juice up.
    When the eggs re-absorb the juice, they absorb the anise along with it.
    Does it make a difference?
    Hard to say but he is one of the best drift fisherman I've ever met and consistently out fishes everyone else.
    Might be partially credible to his eggs but for the most part, the guy is good.
    I want to be like him when i grow up. :mrgreen:

8. Herring Choker

Herring Choker New Member

I've used anise oil for years and does make a difference. I do have one warning when using pure anise oil. Do not... I repeat do not get any on your pee pee :eek: :shock: :shock: This happened many years ago and can still remember how much pain I was in while my buddie was laughing so hard he was rolling off the seat. A little dab will do ya is an understatement!!! Be careful.The lake sure did feel good though.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Tally

Tally Member

I use Pro Cure anise. I have a walmart spray bottle with water and a few drops of anise in the boat. I wash my hands then spray with the mix. Last year the lower Cow silvers liked my eggs with a few squirts of the water/anise. As a joke I sprayed some on my eggs and started getting bit!
    I always have some in the boat.

10. GigHarborShane

GigHarborShane Member

If you buy the pure oil at sportco from pro cure they want $14...I purchased 100% (GT&IR verified) pure oil today at a health food store/supplement store at pike place for $4 for the same size bottle. The pharmacy should probably have the same....the brand of the stuff I got was NOW Personal care.

This 1fl oz should last a long time...Per Duane Inglin of NWWC whe I spoke with him after his seminar earlier this month at Cabela's he uses about 10 drops and or 1/4 tsp per two large skeins...+ or - per your taste and or mixture.

11. teandre

teandre New Member

Where can I get anise oil whole sale

12. Metal

Metal Active Member

Google is your friend. Give it a shot.

13. Clockwork

Clockwork Well-Known Member

dont overthink it. any fishing tackle shop has about 50 gallons of anise products on hand at all times. if you got $4 in your pocket and a ride to a sporting good store you can get anise.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. GreatNWRiversGS

GreatNWRiversGS Well-Known Member

big diff between anise scents and PURE anise oil.. the Pro cure pure anise goes for about 15-17 bucks for a small bottle.

• Like Like x 1
  15. go4fishing

go4fishing New Member

Apologies for bumping the thread. I have had bad results finding good anise oil. Pro-Cure Pure Anise works pretty good though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
anise extract for fishing
anise for fishing

anise oil fishing

anise oil for fishing

anise oil walmart
cabelas pure anise oil
fishing with anise oil
oil of anise for fishing
pure anise oil fishing