Game Fishing Forum banner

Nisqually River

Fishing Report 
67K views 1K replies 13 participants last post by  Gill 
G
#1 ·
went to nisqually today...nets are in and made it slow!!

Edited by Easy Limits on 12/22/2009.

G
#6 ·
On the river at daybreak and did not have a bite by 9:30. They have their nets in the river now and are netting both sides across from each other. They are leaving enough room to get their boats down stream so that they can check their other nets. Watched them pull both nets at Frank's Landing and they did not have a thing in them. The boats coming up river after checking their nets didn't have anything either. I used lures to start with and then switch to plunking with eggs and spin-&-glows.

G
#8 ·
CAUGHT ONE, but didn't tie one on. It was only a slight buzz so don't get too excited. Threw the spoon for awhile. Didn't see, feel, or smell a king. Talked to a few folks with the same results. GREAT DAY ON THE RIVER.

G
#11 ·
A Beautiful afteroon to spend on the River. Lots of Fish Rolling. Watched 4 Fish caught under RXR Bridge at 6th Ave. Biting Hot Orange Corkies with Black Yarn. Water a bit High but coming down. "TRAPPER"

G
#12 ·
Went to the NISQUALLY today after work, I thought I would get a few chum because I heard they were starting to come in. I didn't see any fish caught, nor any roll. As I walked out I talked to a local man that was joging, and he said that they should be in really thick in a couple of weeks.
SEE YOU ON THE RIVER. (BRANDON)

G
#14 ·
Nice day...pretty slow. Only saw one on the beach under the trestle. Saw two hooked under the bridge but both spit the hook. The fish that I've seen in the past week or two have been really bright, so I guess I'll be back on the water today

G
#15 ·
Went on friday 12/30/05 at the trestle, and got 1 nice chum (low teens) didn't hook in to any others. Overall pretty slow for everyone. Wasn't too crowded. Went again 1/2/05, it was packed with people!! Fishing was even slower than on Friday. I tail hooked 1 and he broke my leader, and that was it. It has dramatically cooled off from the middle of the week last week. I think the nets were really effecting it yesterday. I only saw 1 limit yesterday out of the 50+ people that were there.

G
#21 ·
bankee the best drift set up for chum that i use is anything green with orange,hot pink, and red being the follow up and a 2-2/0 hook and atleast 12lb test leader which should be maybe 2 to 3 feet long depending on how long you like it and water conditions then a snap swivel rigged in-line with snap faceing down and enough weight 2 tic the bottom. well thats what i use but opions vary from angler to angler. well anyway good luck hope you catch a bright one!!!

G
#22 ·
Fished just below the Mounts Road Bridge at first light, river was swift. Used watermelon corkie and chartreuse yarn, 2/0 Hook and allot of Lead Core to get the right "tic" for the drift. Hooked 3 and Landed 1 Nisqually River Missile. Love to Fight Fresh Chrome Chums! Good Luck all.

G
#23 ·
went to the Nisqually and was there for only 15-minutes and saw 7 fish caught...... water was high ,but the fishing was looking very good.........tight areas to park since water was up,,,,, flow was not that bad ,,,,,,,,water was muddy looking ,,,,,,,,,, I will be fishing there tommorrow

G
#25 ·
The secret is now out. There's chrome FISH. Fished above the trestle on the gravel bar and caught one and seen about ten others caught from daylight to 9:30am.

Fish +- a couple hours from the high tide. Any cork with chartreuse yarn w/shrimp scent.

G
#26 ·
If they are chrome, they are great for smoking!!! Some people say they aren't too bad to eat not smoked (never tried anything but smoking myself). But if they aren't chrome dont bother. Their flesh breaks down very quickly. Use/smoke/freeze them within 24 hours of catching.

G
#27 ·
Not a bad morning...really cold. Lots of fish in the river, pretty bright, saw about 15 caught at the gravel bar above the handicap hole in about 3 hours. River is pretty high still, over the gravel bar. Should be good for a couple days until the rain comes again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.