Lk Stevens 5/13

Discussion in 'Kokanee Addiction' started by winterun, May 15, 2017.

1. winterun

winterun Well-Known Member

Headed up to Lk Stevens for another pre fish outing before next week's derby, and to improve over last weeks results.
    Well, the improving over last week catch didn't happen, in fact it was worse. I mean, that's what fishing is about right. Can't always catch them, but you can certainly fish for them. I knew it was going to be a bad day when we started off with a double and lost them both!!! As you all know we didn't have the best of weather either, windy, rain squalls, and bits of sunshine but the wind was a major factor, at least in my little boat it was. Trolling downhill with my drift sock, only slowed me down to 1.6-1.8mph, while the uphill troll was a little better with most all of the bites coming on that that side of the troll. Was thinking of picking up, and starting at the top, but wanted to maximize the time my rigs were in the water. So went 16 for almost as many lost if not more 20+ we were thinking kinda sad.
    But, if anything in my mind anyway. Gained some more knowledge on fishing Stevens in these kinds of conditions, which was totally opposite of my last trip out. Hence the reason to pre fish, might just help next weekend, when all these details come together. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!
    Here's a pic of my drift sock 0513171053_Pano.jpg buoy almost causing wake behind it.
    See you out there,
    Winterun

2. Myassisdragon

Myassisdragon Active Member

WR

I figured the weather would suck, or blow like you show, but it sounds like you hung in there - fishing indeed ! ;)

How was the launching ? Lotsa other rigs putting in ?

Congrats on the catching in the el crapo weather BTW..

3. winterun

winterun Well-Known Member

Thanks M!
    We left Puyallup around 3:30, so we got to the launch around 5:20 so the launching wasn't bad at all. I guess the weather report kept a lot of the weekend crowd at home. As for the actual weather, whoever did come out, most of them left when the really big rain squall came in. But there were still some die hard kokanee fanatics out there, in semi white cap water!!! I was almost going to call it a day also, but wanted to fish until at least before weigh in time limit, just to have that info. You know what, after it blew over, the bite actually turned on. You just never know, until you go I guess!!!
    Dang Kokanee!!!
    Winterun

4. jd39

jd39 Active Member

16 is a good day, thanks for the report! Good luck in the tournament!

5. MPM

MPM Member

I fished the afternoon with the fam on 5/13 for a couple hours and only managed to go 1/1.