Lake Devereaux limit

Discussion in 'Kokanee Addiction' started by WidgeonmanGH, Jun 19, 2017.

1. WidgeonmanGH

WidgeonmanGH Well-Known Member

Took a leisurely Father's day and went fishing. I didn't get out of the house until about 12:30 but the fish were very willing. After I caught 3 I even looked for a few that were a bit bigger but did not find any other than this size. Must be what they will be this year. After doing some catch and release with trout and tuning some new flashers, I decided to call it a day. \

On my way back in close to ramp there was a dad with a 3 year old and his wife in an inflatable. Asked him how fishing was. He said in kind of a dejected way, "terrible." With a three year old splashing and by the looks of the set up I knew they were not catching anything. So I offered to take him out in the Wavewalk. He got his limit of trout in a lap an a half around the lake. First fish was about a 16 inches, biggest trout he had ever caught. He is in the Navy and is learning the area. He said I was only the second guy to give him any info. Everyone else was being zipper lipped. Personally I don't get that. I showed him the rig how to work it and where to get it. I hope it takes it further and catches a limit every time he goes out! He was so excited to catch his first limit. It was an awesome finish to the day!

[​IMG]

2. Myassisdragon

Myassisdragon Active Member

Nice job, thanks for sharing ! Almost reminds one of daze gone by, when folks would actually talk and share fishing experiences !

The whole zip lip thing is nothing more than a natural response to this state's rapidly declining fishinging opportunities as provided by our license monies as expended by the wdfw.

Please share more, before there's no more to share !

• Like Like x 1
  3. Myassisdragon

We'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. If all goes well, it's fish on for the grand daughter and I at one of our more American lakes !

Fish on !

• Like Like x 1
  4. Myassisdragon

Well, we did get out for a few early morning hours at American. We got there right after the gate opened, and found the parking lot empty with the exception of one other boat ? We thought they'd Rotenoned the lake, or an emergency closure was on perhaps ???

Naw, the weather just sux'd, with a hard cold breeze, and low dark overcast. We fished hard, making downwind trolls and a few loops in the wind shadow behind the island to get out of the wind. We were very fortunate and ended up with seven fish in the cooler, and three or four others that earned their freedom with nice fish fights and twisting top water battles. Five were Kokes, and the other two, nice Rainbows.

No reel pattern noted, with the first few fish on the shallow flatlines spooling out 70 feet of line to the clips and running nine feet of wire on the down riggers, then a couple hits at 23 feet, and the final two at 37 feet on the riggers. The shallow fish all hit our wedding rings and fire corn offerings, with the Rabbit based squidleys getting the bumps in the deeper water.

The keepers were all nice sized fish, providing a great "Too Die For" dinner of pan fried Koke and Rainbow fillets wrapped in spinach, almonds, and dried cherries with butter and garlic.

Three daze off, clean up the boat, tie a few more leaders up, and we'll get back at 'em here in the next few daze.

PS. We did get checked for boat safety equipment, boating certificate, and fishing licenses, so be sure to play by the rules folks and have a great day out there.