Goodbye Salmon season

Discussion in 'Fishing Politics - The WDFW / ODFW Discussion' started by Nisqually Pro, May 24, 2017.

1. aznite

aznite Member

Well Wolf, at least summerruns should fill in the void as predictions are high like last year!

2. wolfkill220

wolfkill220 Well-Known Member

Top Poster Of Month

Yes that is true.But the problem with summer runs is the nice days it just don't feel rite fishing for steelies in a t shirt.It kinda feels like im cheating.:p

3. aznite

aznite Member

Better than staying home and grabbing your ankles!

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Metal_

Metal_ Well-Known Member

That's how it was meant to be. Deep down inside a winter fish really wishes it was a summer fish too.

5. Red-Ducky

Red-Ducky Active Member

IMG_7380.JPG Someone say summer run

6. aznite

aznite Member

Nice fish. Been getting them up at one of the "S" rivers too.

7. Metal_

Metal_ Well-Known Member

Im pretty sure I committed murder on one of those yesterday evening near that tree.

8. wolfkill220

Top Poster Of Month

AZ thats why cheating or not im out there fishing instead of sitting at home whining and crying about how bad it is.And yes it is way better than grabbing my ankles like somebody else loves to do.;)

9. fishslave

fishslave Well-Known Member

<------ At home not whining and crying how bad it is. I don't care how many times you catch fish. If you don't look around and notice what is happening and work to fix it, eventually, you WON'T find yourself fishing anymore. A little less fishing and a little more activism is what we need from you.

No NOF transparency still, no Skok sport fishing and no desire on the part of the state to challenge it. WDFW won't stand up to tribes in any manner in any fishery that I can tell.

Then WDFW asks for a huge increase in license fees? For WHAT? We need fish, not opportunities to sit in a boat or on the bank, staring off at the clouds.

My prediction (Actually, Whitedog's prediction first) about WDFW ruining PS crab fishing appears to be coming true also. You can not increase allocations year after year and NOT expect to have an adverse impact on crabbing by the deliberate and planned over-harvest. Thanks for nothing former PS shellfish manager! It can't be due to derelict pots, since your new employer removed them and we sporties paid for it. I wonder if our crab fees will be paying your salary as director at your new place? :mad:

Of course, a certain sport advocacy group also didn't heed the warning about crab abundance. Not mentioning any names of course.

End of the Aunt Rant for now.

10. Codfather

Codfather Active Member

Its been a while since Whitedog has been on so why keep bringing up his predictions of yesteryear??

11. fishslave

fishslave Well-Known Member

What an odd thing to say. Especially since I prefaced it by saying it was also my prediction, which is based on what I learned from him, what I learned through research, and what I saw as an adviser.

12. Iron Head

Iron Head Active Member

What is this?
    Am I dreaming and reading all of these WDFW negative rant?
    It can't be true.

One small correction.
    WDFW works for the governor and the governor is sleeping with the tribes.
    That is how it is until we have a Republican governor that "may" create some changes.

13. wolfkill220

Top Poster Of Month

hope you are not directing that rant at me .I take plenty of time from fishing to bend the ear of our elected officials.

14. Iron Head

Iron Head Active Member

You did a wonderful heroic job! You bent their ears alright. They are really afraid of you.
    Without you there is no tomorrow.
    Without you there is no fisheries.
    Without you there is no Ho in CoHo.
    Without you there is no sunshine.
    You are the Sun God and I thank you so much for all these nice sunny days in the forecast.
    Keep up the good work wolfie.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017 at 2:01 AM
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Metal_

Metal_ Well-Known Member

Edited 3 hours later and still no humor or wittiness.

However it is kind of weird that you were so concerned with wolf that you couldn't keep the original post off your mind for three hours. Wolf is making you a nervous wreck that's pacing back and forth in the middle of the night. Not to mention extremely concerned with your next post lol.

• Like Like x 1