Examples of Libtardation

Discussion in 'NFR - Politics! Discussion and Debates' started by SledgeHammer, Nov 19, 2016.

1. fishslave

fishslave Well-Known Member

As a fish bio, you should never, ever, EVER cherry pick. I got news for you, "Diver Laura" would whip you with a wet... suit.

How We Got Into Such A Mess With Stormwater

How many Emmy's do you have?

Laura James wins Emmy Award for 'Solving the mystery of the dying starfish'

There’s a One-in-Four Chance the Fish You Just Ordered Contains Plastic

Fish prefer to eat plastic over food – and it is killing them, study suggests

Laura is friends with Parker, who hooked me up with her on FB. She has a yuge following and she wants input on marine issues. I give her the sport fishing/conservation view.

How is all that trash getting into the water, you might ask... a LOT of it comes from roadside garbage that is left to degrade for years. When it breaks down and the heavy rains fall, it drains right into Puget Sound.

After my trip across country, I realized this is the dirtiest f'n state I've ever lived in. Whether it's the pigs who throw their trash on the roads, or the irresponsible corporate WASTE MANAGEMENT trucks that don't keep their waste inside their trucks... we live in a DUMP.

Sledge deserves a hug. A REALLY BIG one.

Shame on you Salmo.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  2. jimh

jimh Well-Known Member

The Ds sure care a lot about water quality. Just ask the people of Detroit and Seattle. Who is wanting the feel good legislation?

3. jimh

jimh Well-Known Member

sg, unless you've been living under a rock, you should know the DNC was controlling the MSM. Since that is your source, who do you think you've been listening, too? ;)

I bet you haven't heard any of the positive stories about Trump and how much his employees have liked him. Want to guess why? .... see above. ;)

The DNC is doubly the reason we have Trump. First, they stacked the deck for Hillary and during the R primary, they only gave Trump coverage. Still, he's better than Obama already.

Since you say you aren't a Trump supporter, you should leave it up to his supporters if he is meeting expectations or not. You should be able to tell from the sample here ... he's not doing bad.

4. Salmo g.

Salmo g. Well-Known Member

Sledge, if picking up litter is the "right thing to do," isn't it also right to not contaminate water sources in the first place? Are you saying there are no streams less than 10 miles from coal mines? That hardly seems likely. And even if the nearest city is 50 miles away, that doesn't mean there aren't individual or community water wells much closer. Why should someone have to buy a water filter? Does life in America come with a God-given right to pollute the environment? The way you respond suggests that you think there is an intrinsic right to pollute and destroy the environment. I don't get it. Even conservatives and Republicans have to breathe and drink. Why do you guys hate the environment?

Sg

5. Salmo g.

FS,

Please, . . . I'm not defending littering. Just saying that it doesn't equate to mining pollution and contamination. I think it's not a good idea to destroy the environment. Conservative politicians consistently support and adopt regulations, policies, and laws that allow the degradation and destruction of the environment. Why do you hate the environment?

Sg

6. Salmo g.

Jim,

Comparatively Ds are more inclined to support environmental protection than Rs. That's pretty consistent across the board. Can you show that it isn't? Why do you hate the environment?

Sg

7. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Well-Known Member

Salmo, I'll let you in on a little secret, but don't tell anyone. I believe in clean water, and believe that it is our responsibility to protect streams and waterways. I'm not a big fan of coal at all, whether it's mining it or burning it, but I think that it is a necessity for now to keep the electrical grid up and running on the east coast. Take those coal powered plants off line and we have a real problem. I think that coal will soon be replaced by a more efficient source, due to the fast advancement of technology.

Coal, along with other resources, will continue to be mined, whether you like it or not. Obama's admitted goal was to destroy the coal industry, and coal burning plants. Yes, it needs to be regulated in a responsible manner to protect our water sources.

8. jimh

jimh Well-Known Member

sg, I think you mean that Ds are more inclined to support almost any regulation. Why do you think I hate the environment?

As far as the December Obama Mining EO, if the environment was being hammered so bad, why did it take 7 yrs 11 months to figure that out? Answer: it wasn't. Just another fake environment rule to make someone feel good.

9. Dimples

Dimples Well-Known Member

FB_IMG_1487297402132.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. fishslave

fishslave Well-Known Member

Wrong Grasshopper. WAY wrong. There is no possible way coal has a bigger impact than plastic on the environment. Littering is only one aspect of plastics pollution/contamination. (which will soon be proven to be one of the biggest killers of salmon and steelhead smolts in Puget Sound) It's manufacture is what is driving the huge increase in fossil fuel use in the last 50 years. Now we have Your toothpaste may be loaded with tiny plastic beads that never go away

Conservative Politicians are not the problem. Home - ConservAmerica You're talking about Neocons.

I love the environment and clean, FREE FLOWING water. <------- (little dig there, eh?)

11. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Well-Known Member

Why should someone buy a water filter? Well, I bought my Big Berkey for the simple reason of being prepared for a catastrophe, such as a possible earthquake, that could sever our water supply. I have a water source on my property, that I can run through my filter for a supply of clean drinking water. I am prepared to stay at home, for weeks, if necessary, to avoid the public chaos that would occur during a catastrophic event.

Pay attention to the Oroville Lake Dam situation in California. A big storm is starting down there with record rain. The inflow to the lake may be much more than the outflow through the dam, as much as 13 ft higher. That's a lot of water going through the damaged spillways. If that dam breaks loose, there will be catastrophic damage many miles down stream. There are several underground gas pipelines that may be destroyed, therefore, contaminating the water supplies for many miles. If the dam breaks, you'll understand why you should have a water filter, and want to stay away from the chaos in town if you can. Just watch the sheep and how they act.

12. Metal_

Metal_ Well-Known Member

Up until the 90s this State was very clean. That was until the influx of careless folks moved here.

13. Salmo g.

There ya' go Sledge. Looks like we agree again. What's up with that? My opinion of you as a far right wing whack job may be tarnished.

14. Salmo g.

Jim,

Yes, it seems like some Democrats and liberals have yet to see a regulation that they don't like. Please don't confuse them with me. I'm selective about the regulations I support and advocate. I'm particularly supportive of regulations that protect air and water quality and fish and wildlife habitat. I don't actually think you hate the environment. I made the statement because you support right wing whacko politicians who can't wait to de-regulate environmental pollution, contamination, and outright destruction. See the connection? Those 1/10th of 1 percenters who you appear to adore love to extract public resources from the environment for private profit and gain, and then socialize the costs of environmental cleanup so that you and I and other 99%ers get to pay for it, not them. It's a great system. For them. Not so much for the environment and all that depend upon it.

My understanding is that the coal mining regulation had been in the works at Dept. of Interior for a long time to update regulations to comport with contemporary standards. Since there was no way a GOP Congress would pass anything for Obama, he did it via an EO. That doesn't make it a fake environmental rule to make someone feel good unless you get all your information from Infowars, Brietbart, or other low grade low quality sources.

Sg

15. Salmo g.

FS,

I'm not going to debate the merits of coal mining pollution over plastic pollution. I'm not qualified, nor interested. I'll only say that neither is a good idea. Pollution and contamination should be avoided because it ultimately adversely affects the human environment, which includes you and me.

So I'm a grasshopper now, eh? I don't call you names. Why not reciprocate?

Sg