1. laterun

laterun Member

Is it just me, or is this just about the worst return of late steelhead on the Cowlitz? I can't believe someone has not posted about this on line. I do not fish them anymore as we don't eat that many of them. Anyone?

2. winterun

winterun Well-Known Member

laterun.....
    IMG_20150411_115315.jpg
    I don't eat fish either unless it's deep fat fried!!! But it's a bit early still!
    See you out there!!!
    Winterun

3. eddie

eddie Active Member

Late run usually starts in April. With the weather out there, it may be a little later this year.

4. Big G

Big G Active Member

Yes it's been a slow year but some of us have been catching a few. 20170301_160218.jpg 20170304_144441.jpg

5. laterun

laterun Member

6. Metal_

Metal_ Well-Known Member

It's just getting going. Someone always throws out a preemptive worst year ever claim about now. March 1st is usually when I start but the total slaughter is the 20th-10th in my past experiences.

I went 1-3 Friday afternoon.

7. wolfkill220

wolfkill220 Well-Known Member

Top Poster Of Month

thanks metal I was starting to worry that the sky was falling.

8. fshcrzy

fshcrzy Member

I need help guys....LEFT MY RODS AT B.C. LAUNCH
    My 2 time wins of Cancer. Which induced memory loss is getting worse....(chemo and radiation) I worked hard at catching a couple large SH and packed them out from B.C....Was tired from packing them out but got to the handicapped area and was checked by a warden and talked to him for a couple minutes...
    went to my truck...put things in the back...got home and NO RODS!!!!.....

THEY WERE BEATER RODS... THE REELS WERE JUNK...ONE BLACK MAX AND ONE QUANTUM REEL BOTH WITH YELLOW FLOAT LINE ON THEM....

THE RODS WERE OLD BUT TRIED AND TRUE....
    1.G LOOMIS 12 TO 25 LB 8.6" KENAI KING...
    OTHER WAS AN ORIGINAL FISH EAGLE 10.0 GREEN W/GOLD STRIPES... CAUGHT TONS OF FISH...

I MAY HAVE HAD MY NAME AND OLD ADDRESS STICKER ON IT...

ANYWAY, LET ME KNOW IF YOU KNOW WHERE THEY WENT...WOULD LIKE THEM BACK FOR OLD TIME SAKE.. PLEASE....

call 253-632-7796...

thanks

9. fshcrzy

fshcrzy Member

Whoever it was that saw a post on another sight and forwarded my message to them..thank you very much for your thoughtfulness.... I seem to loose thing all the time now...Most have my name and telephone number on them but have not gotten calls before...I just got a text msg from Lakewood with my fishing poles...thanks again....DH

• Like Like x 1
  10. 411

411 Active Member

So glad to see you got your rods back, good karma headed to the honest person who returned them to you.

11. fshcrzy

fshcrzy Member

Yes, He was a fine MORALLY UPSTANDING, HONEST, young man...he met me at bass pro shop with my rods and gave him a $20.00 for lunch... He deserved a $1000.00...

O.K. HERE COMES THE SERMON....

I said I had a bad memory which is true....I started putting my name on everything long before I had cancer...I have lost several rods, coats, etc...I'm embarrassed to say how many...

WITH MY NAME, CITY I LIVE IN AND MY PHONE NUMBER ON IT...I now put address labels and started writing my information on the outside back of my coats...

I have only got back one other item on the river, a folding filet knife and I am still friends with the person I got it back from AFTER 15 YEARS..

If you find something on the river it just may mean a FREEBE FOR YOU BUT COULD BE SOMEONES GRANDFATHERS ROD OR FATHERS COAT...

PLEASE KEEP THAT IN MIND WHEN YOU ARE TEMPTED TO KEEP SOMEONES PERSONAL ITEMS. A LOT OF TIME YOU DONT KNOW WHO IT BELONGS TO BUT AT LEAST GIVE IT A TRY...

A STAND OVATION AND SALUTE FOR THE GENTLEMAN WHO RETURNED MY ROD.

SINCEREY, FSHCRZY

12. winterun

winterun Well-Known Member

FSHCRZY,
    It's good to see and hear that there are still honest young men out there!!!

Hope you catch a bunch more fish with your ol' favorites! But here's hoping that "good fishing karma" goes out to the young man that was looking out for another!!!

Winterun

13. wolfkill220

wolfkill220 Well-Known Member

Top Poster Of Month

good job to the young man that returned your gear.