Game Fishing Forum banner

Bradley Pond

Fishing Report 
7K views 30 replies 2 participants last post by  diverdoyle 
G
#1 ·
The lake is currently closed access to fishing. When it opens back up it will probably be pretty good for catching panfish and huge catfish. To all new fisherman reading about this lake, only fish it if are able to keep your trash picked up. Littering almost lost us that park, and the locals (me being one) would like all visitors to keep the trash picked up. This is a nice hole to fish, so please don't blow it. This lake becomes a true hot spot in the fall and spring. The park should regain access by about oct or nov. Tight lines and lunker galore, Ben (local Puyallupian)

G
#4 ·
The weather today started out sunny, with a slight southern breeze. It was a nice change from the gales that haunted the lake yesterday. With the wind taming down and the front moving in the from the south, I had a feeling that the spiny rays would be moving into the shallows. That means it was prime time in my favorite shallow spot...a little spot called Jon's Pond. Sure enough, the crappie, bluegills and SM Bass were stacked up tight, in varying moving schools of species. I tried for an hour with just a worm off the bottom, but did not recieve any bites until I put on a small cigar bobber. I caught a small bass and recieved numerous bites from crappie on half a night crawler. It was a great day of fishing. Tight lines and good luck to ya'll. Remember to keep your trash picked up, we are all vested with the responsibility to take care of our resources. -Ben

G
#5 ·
WENT DOWN TO Bradley Pond, Pierce County, WA, WAS MY FIRST TIME GOING, WENT TO CATCH SOME CRAPPIE, OR PERCH, AND BLUEGILL, BUT ENDED UP CATCHING TWO NICE TROUT, AT ABOUT 1.5 TO 2 POUNDS, DIDNT THINK THEY HAD THEM IN THERE LIKE THAT, THEY SEEM TO BE BITEING POWER EGGS, AND A WORM UNDER A BOBBER.

G
#6 ·
had a sudden urge to goto the lake maybe it was all the nice weather we had for a good 20min anyways went up around 9 am fished that for a good 2 hrs one guy nailed a few kokonie off the bottom with worms not much happening and well its what to expect on a cold winters day not much happening the wind was freezing cold though

Edited by Easy Limits on 1/31/2009.

G
#7 ·
Just went a couple of weeks ago and had a great time. Limited out on trout in about 15 minutes. Took my 5 year old daughter and she limited out in about one hour. Great place to take the kids.

G
#9 ·
This Place Is Grerat For Kids... Not For Serious Anglers... Thay Plant This Pond With Big Trout But If You Are Over The Age Of 18 Go Somewhere else And Let The Kids Have Fun... Its Just Funny To Me To See Grown Man Out Fishing Basicly A U-Fish Pond...If U Are Taking Your
Kids Out Their Thats Awsome And Good For You Rainbow Powerbait and A Barrel Weight Is All You Need

G
#19 ·
Took my boys (8 and 6) to Bradley Lake for a few hours of fishing. The oldest caught 4 and the youngest caught 2. Seemed like everyone around us was catching fish. Didnt matter what you were using. We were bottom fishing with a 2 foot leader and green power eggs. Others were using worms on a bobber. Great day with the boys.

G
#24 ·
Went out at about 11 a.m. Started fishing off of the bottom with a 4 foot leader and green power bait. Caught many keepers very quickly. After about 2 hours I hooked into a 7 lb. trout. It fought like crazy but I landed it. Great fishing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.