1. Cowlitz Kidd

Cowlitz Kidd New Member

Last time i was out fishing my diver started acting fun so i grab the rod and jerked to free the diver form the rocks.Well guess what come back no diver just the clip that go on the bill.Well i no this can happen because the diver has a weak point were the clip is attached.So i'am think about using a 3.5 mag lips,jet diver or a mag wart.Any suggestion
  2. nicknasty999

nicknasty999 Active Member

Jet divers dont use plugs as divers the raddles will either drive fish away or ull get ghoast strikes. It happens ftom time to time youll break a diver just get a new one
  3. codliveroil

codliveroil New Member

Maybe you were using too deep a diver, and they break,
  4. eggster

eggster Active Member

Freedrift, youll never lose another diver again.
  5. Cowlitz Kidd

Cowlitz Kidd New Member

Brad's standard divers and they were only a year old. When i got home i look all my divers over and sure enough hair line crack.Know one likes system failure in the middle of a fish fight.Eggster that the thing about it i only lose about one a year unlike you who lose about a 100 leaders a day :p and sorry i don't do the Clancy two step :lol: I'll just buy more.
  6. eggster

eggster Active Member

100a day?, lucky if i go through 6 a day, unless the fish are holding in the trees, then it gets a little spendy.
  7. RRMP

RRMP Active Member

So true brotha!

It is what it is. I have never lost a fish due to them wearing out. But that's only cuase you have to retire them after so long. The cheep thin aluminum bill wears out real thin next to nothing. So guys run them on a dropper in case it does fail while fighting a fish. Just fish em man. If you loose a fish, tie on a new one and hook another fish.

Using a 3.5 maglip or a x11 extrem isn't a bad way to go. Just make sure to run them on a 10in dropper. And run a longer leader.

After retiring these divers just move them to the next setting and now you have a shallow running diver that will still fish 4feet or less.
  8. eggster

eggster Active Member

[quote="Cowlitz kidd]and sorry i don't do the Clancy two step :lol: I'll just buy more.[/quote]what exactly is the clancy two step?.
  9. Cowlitz Kidd

Cowlitz Kidd New Member

Eggster think about it :)
  10. eggster

eggster Active Member

I did. Please explain to those who are not quite as wise as you. Pm me if you need to.
  11. Cowlitz Kidd

Cowlitz Kidd New Member

Sidedrifting eggster :p
  12. Cowlitz Kidd

Cowlitz Kidd New Member

Mbite if i was fishin for springer i'd put the droper on.Steelhead like it old school Tup:
  13. RRMP

RRMP Active Member

IF I was springer fishing with a "mag brads diver aka hot n tot" I wouldn't run it on a droper. If I was running the same style diver but in a standard... I still wouldn't run it on a droper. I was only saying that some guys do cause they are scared they will loose the last steelhead in washington state due to a diver bill breaking.
  14. 2MANY

2MANY Member

Don't worry folks........................My son caught the last steelhead in Washington State this past weekend so feel free to tie directly to the bill.
  15. Cowlitz Kidd

Cowlitz Kidd New Member

Next time i go fishing i'am go to try the 3.5 as a diver.I'll let you guy know how thing work out.
  16. River Jim

River Jim Active Member

I run the mid size Brad's for deeper or in heavier water and I have a second rod setup with the small Brad's so when I want to fish shallower water I'm set up to switch over.....RJ out.
  17. RRMP

RRMP Active Member

I'm sure your on to some thing. Should work great! Tup:

He did? I kept thinking we did every fish we landed yesterday... all 24 times by noon. :shock:
  18. 2MANY

2MANY Member

Never fear.................A few got by you. :)
  19. RRMP

RRMP Active Member

Come to think of it there was a couple miss clips we released. clown: :D
  20. RRMP

RRMP Active Member

LOL Next time I will scratch "Dear 2many HI " in their side. clown: :D
Search tags for this page

bait divers