Anything better than a Uniknot?

Discussion in 'Let's Talk Fishin'! The best fishin' community on' started by talsteen, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I use the Palomar and egg loop for every thing except bobber stops where I tie a nail knot.
    I've never had a Palomar fail yet including when I've tested breaking strengths of different monofiliment lines on the line testing machine.
    I've had both the improved cinch and the Trilene Knot fail on me, more than once even after taking precautions preventing line burn while tying.

2. mr.Goodbar

mr.Goodbar Member

Here is the link - I don't know what the deal is, but it uploaded fine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nh8D2ewth4

3. mr.Goodbar

mr.Goodbar Member

The palomar is an OK knot, but the problem I have, is if you tie your mainline to a swivel, then if you tie a leader on you have to pull everthing thru the loop, which is too tricky for me, plus I end up getting stuck a lot. The knot I posted eliminates the need to pull through the loop, but it looks like after looking at the pictures of the palomar and reviewing how I tie my knot, they are very similar, but maybe a few more twists of line in mine.

4. fishinfoolz

fishinfoolz New Member

Your knot is just a double version of a clinch knot. It may reduce the choking of the main line with being along side itself through the eyelet so I can see the benefit to that knot of yours. But it's not anything like like a Palomar or a double Palomar. wink:

http://www.netknots.com/html/palomar_knot.html

Search tags for this page
clinch knot vs improved clinch knot

clinch knot vs uni knot

palomar vs uni
trilene vs uni knot

uni knot vs improved clinch

uni knot vs palomar

uni snell knot
uniknot or cinch knot which is stronger