American Lk 3/6/2017

Discussion in 'Kokanee Addiction' started by winterun, Mar 10, 2017.

1. winterun

winterun Well-Known Member

Not a Kokanee report so I didn't mean to get anyone excited.

But they just planted 4922 Rainbows into American!!!

I guess I have to do my part, and thin those "Little Guys" out this weekend!!!

So if you see me out there in my temporarily named "Rainbow Retriever" Blue Smoker Craft say hey!!!

Stay Dry,
    Winterun

2. Easy Limits

Easy Limits Moderator Staff Member

What's the water temp on American right now? Gotta be chilly still.

3. WidgeonmanGH

WidgeonmanGH Well-Known Member

Yeah get them all thinned out. They are a pain when you are chasing the koke. Although I will say that I caught some nice Trout last year early season that produced some really nice fillets. My first time on American last year was April 11th. I will be out there again this year so I will certainly look forward to seeing you! Good luck.

My first trip last year.

4. Myassisdragon

Myassisdragon Active Member

Winterun -

You will only be run'n Trout gear, promise ? No Kokanee stuff flick'n around down there behind yer boat and all, right ?

Jest mak'n sure no one is mess'n round with those little salmon this early in the year...

BTW, we're hoping to get our boat our here reel DAM Quick, hopefully next friday or saturday after a few days of spring warming. We'll be in the old Puget Sound rain grey Smokercraft. The one with the 60 hp Yami pump and looks like an old cold war era soviet trawler.

Good Luck !

5. jd39

jd39 Active Member

Managed to take 4 out that weekend, couldn't get the 5th to limit out. Good times! Looking forward to Kokanee season!