Login to not see the above advertisement. Joining the community is easy.

This guy just made legend status

Everything but Fishing and Hunting
CAUTION: This forum is lightly Moderated...Enter at your own risk

Re: This guy just made legend status

Postby WhiteDog » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:30 am

WidgeonmanGH wrote:
You mention children and reproduction twice. Please explain how a person doing pot in the privacy of their own home whom happens to have children harms you or anyone else?


Which parent will be more attentive to the social, emotional, educational,etc etc etc. needs of a child.

A. One who smokes or is smoking pot
B. One who has all their faculties unimpaired.

The way you raise your child impacts not just you and your child, it impacts all of society. No man is an island.


"B." is in my experience the most common correlation to children whom have social, emotional, and educational issues so yes it would be parent 'B."
Independent Advocate for the Fish
Not Represented By Any Organization
Dam in the way? Dam go boom! Dam be gone.
WhiteDog
 
Posts: 5720
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:56 pm

Re: This guy just made legend status

Postby peyton00 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:14 am

WhiteDog wrote:B." is in my experience the most common correlation to children whom have social, emotional, and educational issues so yes it would be parent 'B."


nice spin...
User avatar
peyton00
 
Posts: 1912
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: puyallup

Re: This guy just made legend status

Postby Skorzeny » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:28 am

John Donne said that didnt he?
There's magic in the first step.
User avatar
Skorzeny
 
Posts: 15037
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:55 pm

Re: This guy just made legend status

Postby WhiteDog » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:41 am

peyton00 wrote:
WhiteDog wrote:B." is in my experience the most common correlation to children whom have social, emotional, and educational issues so yes it would be parent 'B."


nice spin...


Actually it would be an objective view of the issue rather than a subjective one but yes you may spin that any way your heart desires. Tup:
Independent Advocate for the Fish
Not Represented By Any Organization
Dam in the way? Dam go boom! Dam be gone.
WhiteDog
 
Posts: 5720
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:56 pm

Re: This guy just made legend status

Postby WhiteDog » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:53 am

Skorzeny wrote:John Donne said that didnt he?



"...no man is an island" That John Donne?
Independent Advocate for the Fish
Not Represented By Any Organization
Dam in the way? Dam go boom! Dam be gone.
WhiteDog
 
Posts: 5720
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:56 pm

Re: This guy just made legend status

Postby fishinfoolz » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:00 pm

WhiteDog wrote:
WidgeonmanGH wrote:
You mention children and reproduction twice. Please explain how a person doing pot in the privacy of their own home whom happens to have children harms you or anyone else?


Which parent will be more attentive to the social, emotional, educational,etc etc etc. needs of a child.

A. One who smokes or is smoking pot
B. One who has all their faculties unimpaired.

The way you raise your child impacts not just you and your child, it impacts all of society. No man is an island.


"B." is in my experience the most common correlation to children whom have social, emotional, and educational issues so yes it would be parent 'B."


I do not disagree complete however, this conclusion presumes that parent who are not impaired by drugs are better equipped mentally, psychologically ,sociologically etc to raise children to adulthood with less issues than that of their partially impaired counterparts. I don't think there is any evidence to support that other than with anecdotal references or stats from certain less fortunate demographics.

We all know that some people who may not be impaired by drugs are unfit to raise children regardles... :D wink:
Gene Quinney
Owner/Managing Broker
Northwest Equity Home Sales
253-539-SOLD (7653)
http://www.nwequityhomesales.com
No Gimmicks, Just Results! IS a registered trademark
Connect with me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/gene.quinney
User avatar
fishinfoolz
 
Posts: 15115
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:09 pm

Re: This guy just made legend status

Postby Skorzeny » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:55 pm

That John Donne.
There's magic in the first step.
User avatar
Skorzeny
 
Posts: 15037
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:55 pm

Re: This guy just made legend status

Postby WidgeonmanGH » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:28 am

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.


Meditation #17 By John Donne From Devotions upon Emergent Occasions (1623), XVII:
Fish on the right side, thats where the fish are.
Matt.21:6
User avatar
WidgeonmanGH
 
Posts: 2321
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:44 pm

Re: This guy just made legend status

Postby Bonzo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:24 am

---> Yep!

--- It's Parent "B" -- or the lack thereof -- that's the problem with upbringing kids today.

Them single parent kids get all the troubles and then end up pushin drugs and Paul.

<--- Psych Out. :lol:
User avatar
Bonzo
 
Posts: 3677
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:26 pm
Location: Right Here Now!

Re: This guy just made legend status

Postby powder » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:14 am

My parents just celebrated their 35th anniversary. They raised me perfectly fine and always provided for me. Bonzo thinks hes smart, but most people know only if you put ass after it. I wonder where he copy and pasted that joke from.
User avatar
powder
 
Posts: 3251
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:38 pm
Location: Gig Harbor, WA

Re: This guy just made legend status

Postby Bonzo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:45 am

---> Enter Stage Left clap:

powder wrote:My parents just celebrated their 35th anniversary. They raised me perfectly fine and always provided for me. Bonzo thinks hes smart, but most people know only if you put ass after it. I wonder where he copy and pasted that joke from.

Amazing Powder! clown: That is the second time in one thread that your childish belief that you are the center of the world has inspired you to assume that you are the subject of a post you judge to be derogatory.

Do you powder your nose before you look in a mirror and admire your posts on the internet?

Does all that powder heighten your paranoia causing you to peek out the windows at night and hallucinate the villains out there hiding in the shadows? Or the villains on the bulletin boards focusing on your insecurities?

You must be a legend in your own mind -- to assume that it's all about you. :lol:

---> Enter a typical victim of the Paul fanaticism.

"Jere Brower, his wife Clara, and his 4-year-old daughter Ana, have a very good reason to believe Texas Congressman Ron Paul when he said people view his supporters as "dangerous."

"The 38-year-old Atlanta man and his family have been targeted by militant Ron Paul supporters, one of whom threatened to "kneecap" him, then rape his wife and young daughter. Mr. Brower said he has also received death threats from supporters of Ron Paul."

Anyone for freedom of sppech? Obviously not in the Ron Paul camp! :(

--->

Fact is -- Paul supporters represent ego-centric zealotry at its finest.

They would serve their need to feel superior better by going back to their usual racist and anti-Semitic mud-slinging.

<--- Paul Supporters Out! nuke:
User avatar
Bonzo
 
Posts: 3677
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:26 pm
Location: Right Here Now!

Re: This guy just made legend status

Postby WhiteDog » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:46 pm

WidgeonmanGH wrote:
No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.


Meditation #17 By John Donne From Devotions upon Emergent Occasions (1623), XVII:


"All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies, one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better language; and every chapter must be so translated...As therefore the bell that rings to a sermon, calls not upon the preacher only, but upon the congregation to come: so this bell calls us all: but how much more me, who am brought so near the door by this sickness....No man is an island, entire of itself...any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

I like to see the entirety posted rather than a portion. Yes humanity is interconnected. Relevance to the discussion at hand?
Independent Advocate for the Fish
Not Represented By Any Organization
Dam in the way? Dam go boom! Dam be gone.
WhiteDog
 
Posts: 5720
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:56 pm

Re: This guy just made legend status

Postby Bonzo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:16 pm

---> I like to see the entirety posted rather than a portion.

Meditation #17 By John Donne (in its entirety)... :D

John Donne wrote:XVII. MEDITATION.

PERCHANCE he for whom this bell tolls may be so ill, as that he knows not it tolls for him; and perchance I may think myself so much better than I am, as that they who are about me, and see my state, may have caused it to toll for me, and I know not that. The church is Catholic, universal, so are all her actions; all that she does belongs to all. When she baptizes a child, that action concerns me; for that child is thereby connected to that body which is my head too, and ingrafted into that body whereof I am a member. And when she buries a man, that action concerns me: all mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies, one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better language; and every chapter must be so translated; God employs several translators; some pieces are translated by age, some by sickness, some by war, some by justice; but God's hand is in every translation, and his hand shall bind up all our scattered leaves again for that library where every book shall lie open to one another. As therefore the bell that rings to a sermon calls not upon the preacher only, but upon the congregation to come, so this bell calls us all; but how much more me, who am brought so near the door by this sickness. There was a contention as far as a suit (in which both piety and dignity, religion and estimation, were mingled), which of the religious orders should ring to prayers first in the morning; and it was determined, that they should ring first that rose earliest. If we understand aright the dignity of this bell that tolls for our evening prayer, we would be glad to make it ours by rising early, in that application, that it might be ours as well as his, whose indeed it is. The bell doth toll for him that thinks it doth; and though it intermit again, yet from that minute that that occasion wrought upon him, he is united to God. Who casts not up his eye to the sun when it rises? but who takes off his eye from a comet when that breaks out? Who bends not his ear to any bell which upon any occasion rings? but who can remove it from that bell which is passing a piece of himself out of this world?

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee. Neither can we call this a begging of misery, or a borrowing of misery, as though we were not miserable enough of ourselves, but must fetch in more from the next house, in taking upon us the misery of our neighbours. Truly it were an excusable covetousness if we did, for affliction is a treasure, and scarce any man hath enough of it. No man hath affliction enough that is not matured and ripened by and made fit for God by that affliction. If a man carry treasure in bullion, or in a wedge of gold, and have none coined into current money, his treasure will not defray him as he travels. Tribulation is treasure in the nature of it, but it is not current money in the use of it, except we get nearer and nearer our home, heaven, by it. Another man may be sick too, and sick to death, and this affliction may lie in his bowels, as gold in a mine, and be of no use to him; but this bell, that tells me of his affliction, digs out and applies that gold to me: if by this consideration of another's danger I take mine own into contemplation, and so secure myself, by making my recourse to my God, who is our only security.


Literature Network » John Donne » Meditation XVII
http://www.online-literature.com/donne/409

<--- Thanks Widge Tup:
User avatar
Bonzo
 
Posts: 3677
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:26 pm
Location: Right Here Now!

Re: This guy just made legend status

Postby WhiteDog » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:41 pm

Why thank you Bonzo. :mrgreen:
Independent Advocate for the Fish
Not Represented By Any Organization
Dam in the way? Dam go boom! Dam be gone.
WhiteDog
 
Posts: 5720
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:56 pm

Re: This guy just made legend status

Postby fishinfoolz » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:08 pm

Not all men are philosophically connected as indicated by the various celebrations for deaths of certain people. I understand the principle behind the idea but not sure how much "I" am diminished by the death of dictators, murderers and rapists etc-
Gene Quinney
Owner/Managing Broker
Northwest Equity Home Sales
253-539-SOLD (7653)
http://www.nwequityhomesales.com
No Gimmicks, Just Results! IS a registered trademark
Connect with me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/gene.quinney
User avatar
fishinfoolz
 
Posts: 15115
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:09 pm

Re: This guy just made legend status

Postby powder » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:26 pm

Bonzo wrote:---> Enter Stage Left clap:

powder wrote:My parents just celebrated their 35th anniversary. They raised me perfectly fine and always provided for me. Bonzo thinks hes smart, but most people know only if you put ass after it. I wonder where he copy and pasted that joke from.

Amazing Powder! clown: That is the second time in one thread that your childish belief that you are the center of the world has inspired you to assume that you are the subject of a post you judge to be derogatory.

Do you powder your nose before you look in a mirror and admire your posts on the internet?

Does all that powder heighten your paranoia causing you to peek out the windows at night and hallucinate the villains out there hiding in the shadows? Or the villains on the bulletin boards focusing on your insecurities?

You must be a legend in your own mind -- to assume that it's all about you. :lol:


I'm the only Ron Paul supporter in this thread. Who else would it be aimed at?

I am a legend, but this thread isn't about me.

As for the childish plays on my name, careful, you're going to hurt my feelings. I'm all torn up inside now.

---> Enter a typical victim of the Paul fanaticism.

"Jere Brower, his wife Clara, and his 4-year-old daughter Ana, have a very good reason to believe Texas Congressman Ron Paul when he said people view his supporters as "dangerous."

"The 38-year-old Atlanta man and his family have been targeted by militant Ron Paul supporters, one of whom threatened to "kneecap" him, then rape his wife and young daughter. Mr. Brower said he has also received death threats from supporters of Ron Paul."

Anyone for freedom of sppech? Obviously not in the Ron Paul camp! :(

--->

Fact is -- Paul supporters represent ego-centric zealotry at its finest.

They would serve their need to feel superior better by going back to their usual racist and anti-Semitic mud-slinging.

<--- Paul Supporters Out! nuke:


Says the guy supporting Mitt Romney, who's religion says black people are black because they are an inferior race. Mormons were going to deny black people priesthood until Carter threatened to deny them certain tax write offs in 1978, then they magically decided to stop that action. By all means though, lets keep making all of them guilty by association. Extremists are everywhere, get over it. They are not the examples of what the candidate represents. It's about what he says and his ideas, not some assholes making a fool out of themselves that obviously don't know how to represent their candidate.

http://www.ldslearning.org/book-of-morm ... k-skin.htm

http://exmormon.org/d6/drupal/blacks1
User avatar
powder
 
Posts: 3251
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:38 pm
Location: Gig Harbor, WA

Re: This guy just made legend status

Postby Bonzo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:53 pm

---> Great! clap: Mormophopia in.

Our favorite ego-centric zealot Paulbot adds Mormons to the hate list and blames them for the racist anti-Semitic mud-slinging in the Ron Paul repertoire. clown:

Claims to be the only Paulbot in the world because he posted this thread. :lol:

Places himself in Good Company. :mrgreen:

--->

fishinfoolz wrote:Not all men are philosophically connected as indicated by the various celebrations for deaths of certain people. I understand the principle behind the idea but not sure how much "I" am diminished by the death of dictators, murderers and rapists etc-

That sounds like an interesting concept Gene but I'm not sure I understand just what you're getting at. Please elaborate if you are willing.

<--- Thanks. :)
User avatar
Bonzo
 
Posts: 3677
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:26 pm
Location: Right Here Now!

Re: This guy just made legend status

Postby powder » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:56 pm

That's a great biased source btw.
User avatar
powder
 
Posts: 3251
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:38 pm
Location: Gig Harbor, WA

Re: This guy just made legend status

Postby WhiteDog » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:06 pm

In regards to Paul is there an unbiased one for either side of the coin? :mrgreen:

Romney/Rubio for the win. :mrgreen:
Independent Advocate for the Fish
Not Represented By Any Organization
Dam in the way? Dam go boom! Dam be gone.
WhiteDog
 
Posts: 5720
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:56 pm

Re: This guy just made legend status

Postby Bonzo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:49 pm

--->

To be honest WhiteDog. I would vote for Romney if he gains the nomination. He certainly has a good chance. He came through with a damn close second to Santorum in Iowa and took New Hampshire by a landslide. Let's see how he does in South Carolina. ;)

But I wonder if he can win? I mean... Who besides you and I are gullible enough to vote for the guy who lost to the guy who lost to Obama in 2008?

I honestly think Obama will tear him apart and return to the White House laughing so hard he and Michelle will need to host the celebration of the century. Then they will probably head to South America or somewhere warm for a month vacation while the damages to their home in DC are repaired. Hey! Why not give it a complete remodel for their second term. The place should be shovel ready by the time the party ends and they do need the jobs in Washington.

But I really would rather see a conservative like Perry get the nomination and beat Obama by a landslide. :mrgreen:

<---
User avatar
Bonzo
 
Posts: 3677
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:26 pm
Location: Right Here Now!

Re: This guy just made legend status

Postby WhiteDog » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:10 pm

Bonzo I knew that deep down you were a reasonable person. Tup: I believe that with Rubio as his VP choice Romney would beat Obama easily. Rubio would add Tea Party, Hispanic, Evangelical, youth and most important of all Floridian votes. Might even garner a few Paul votes from those few. Romney will have the moderates. :mrgreen:

Perry might have had a chance if he'd kept his yap shut. He didn't.
Independent Advocate for the Fish
Not Represented By Any Organization
Dam in the way? Dam go boom! Dam be gone.
WhiteDog
 
Posts: 5720
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:56 pm

Re: This guy just made legend status

Postby Skorzeny » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:19 am

I too will vote for Romney if he wins the candidacy. I would even vote for some of the more rhetorically foolish ones
rather than Obammy. The lesser of some evils, if you will. Hell they are all Americans aren't they? Even Benedict Arnold
was an American.
Single parent families: I was a single parent child from one year old on. My parents split and Mom raised me. She taught,
and managed to make ends meet, with a struggle.
Not everyone fits in the same slot. Thank goodness. I survived and my biggest shortfall is that I am not as big a
PITA to the Libs as I would like to be. :mrgreen:
There's magic in the first step.
User avatar
Skorzeny
 
Posts: 15037
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:55 pm

Re: This guy just made legend status

Postby fishinfoolz » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:45 pm

Bonzo wrote:
fishinfoolz wrote:Not all men are philosophically connected as indicated by the various celebrations for deaths of certain people. I understand the principle behind the idea but not sure how much "I" am diminished by the death of dictators, murderers and rapists etc-

That sounds like an interesting concept Gene but I'm not sure I understand just what you're getting at. Please elaborate if you are willing.

<--- Thanks. :)


The notion that we are diminished by the death of another. I believe there must first a connection either through family and or friendship before there can be a loss metaphysically. We can feel emotions like sorrow and experience a loss but I do not believe we are "diminished" when a stranger dies.
Gene Quinney
Owner/Managing Broker
Northwest Equity Home Sales
253-539-SOLD (7653)
http://www.nwequityhomesales.com
No Gimmicks, Just Results! IS a registered trademark
Connect with me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/gene.quinney
User avatar
fishinfoolz
 
Posts: 15115
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:09 pm

Re: This guy just made legend status

Postby RETTRO » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:40 pm

Gene,

I'd just like to point out that I don't think you're being argumentative enough about arguing....are you? :lol:

vis-à-vis- your latest signature/monicker
User avatar
RETTRO
 
Posts: 2028
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Around...

Re: This guy just made legend status

Postby fishinfoolz » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:24 pm

I think you are wrong about the degree- wink: :D
Gene Quinney
Owner/Managing Broker
Northwest Equity Home Sales
253-539-SOLD (7653)
http://www.nwequityhomesales.com
No Gimmicks, Just Results! IS a registered trademark
Connect with me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/gene.quinney
User avatar
fishinfoolz
 
Posts: 15115
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:09 pm

Previous

Return to NFR - Politics! Discussion and Debates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jimh and 3 guests